White House: Pitt Criticism Political
- Pitt may be gone, but the problem remains. Harding, Sy // New Hampshire Business Review;11/15/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 24, p13A
Reports the resignation of Harvey Pitt as chairman of the Securities and Exchange Commission in the U.S. Career highlights; Reason for resignation; Purpose of creating the Commission; Appointment of William Webster to fill the position of Pitt.
- 60 SECONDS with Harvey Pitt. Leonhardt, Megan // REP.;Jan2013, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p17
An interview with Harvey Pitt, former chairman of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), is presented. When asked about the appointment of Elisse Walter as the new chairman, he says that the move is outstanding. He offers insights about the impact of Elizabeth Warren's appointment to...
- The SEC's New Pitt Bull. Wexler, Sanford // Traders Magazine;Aug2001, Vol. 14 Issue 186, p30
Profiles Harvey L. Pitt, designated chairman of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission of U.S. President George W. Bush. Educational and professional background; Involvement of Pitt in SEC; Views of Pitt on SEC rulemaking; Industry's reaction to the appointment of Pitt in the...
- Pitt's Latest Liberal Critic. // Traders Magazine;Sep2002, Vol. 15 Issue 202, p14
Reports on liberal lobbying group, Common Cause's criticisms against United States Securities and Exchange Commission Chairman Harvey Pitt. Reason behind the criticisms; Pitt's answers to the criticisms.
- Taking the Heat. Insana, Ron // Money;Aug2002, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p57
Interviews United States Securities and Exchange Commission chairman, Harvey Pitt. Criticism of Pitt that he is too close to Wall Street executives to effectively regulate them because he is a former securities lawyer at the New York City firm Fried Frank Harris Shriver & Jacobson; Discussion...
- Senate on the Verge of Confirming Pitt as Chairman. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;7/25/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31188, p4
Reports on the possible confirmation of Harvey Pitt as chairman of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission. Career history of Pitt; Job responsibilities.
- Senate Confirms Pitt as SEC Chairman. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;8/2/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31194, p4
Reports the confirmation of Harvey Pitt as chairman of the Securities and Exchange Commission by the Senate in the United States.
- Senate Panel Approves SEC Nominee. Harf, Marie // American Banker;7/25/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 142, p4
Reports that the United States Senate Banking Committee has approved the appointment of Harvey Pitt to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Term limit; U.S. President George W. Bush's plan to elevate Pitt to SEC chairman once he is confirmed.
- SHOULD AMERICA HAVE FAITH IN HARVEY? Festa, Elizabeth; Wechsler, Pat // Treasury & Risk Management;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p14
Comments on whether the people of America should have faith in Securities and Exchange Commission Chairman Harvey L. Pitt. Challenge to rebuild the agency; Proposal for an independent Public Accountability Board; Scope of corporate lawlessness.