Municipal Bonds, Treasuries Drop; New-Issue Supply Weighs on Market
- Municipal Bond Prices Tracking Narrow Ranges Ahead of Deals. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;02/13/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31076, p2
Focuses on highlights of municipal bond market trading on February 12, 2001, in the United States. Erosion of government bond prices; Rise in money-market fund holdings; Improvement of long-term municipal bond-fund flows.
- Weekly Reporters Post $639M of Net Inflows. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;5/7/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32623, p6
The article reports on the $639 million net inflow of the weekly reporting municipal bond mutual funds for the period ending in May 2, 2007 in the U.S. The reported net inflow is up from $602 million that was reported in the previous week and AMG Data Services says that it represents the 41st...
- Firm Tone Follows Buying on Bernanke Remarks. Curran, William; Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;5/1/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32371, p2
The article reports on the firm tone of the municipal bond market following remarks of Federal Reserve Board chairman Ben S. Bernanke regarding a plausible pause in the cycle of monetary tightening that has lasted nearly two years in the U.S. Working under the assumption that rates were headed...
- With dive in short-end yields, money funds are hard-pressed. Polyak, Ilana; Harris, Elizabeth E. // Bond Buyer;02/05/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30573, p1
Reports on the impact of the decline in short-end yields of the municipal bond market to money market fund managers in the United States. Portfolio managers' optimism on the market's recovery; Decline in variable-rate demand notes; Total inflows of Evergreen's national money market funds.
- Texas sale could be saving grace for floundering note market. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;08/20/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30709, p8
Reports on Texas' annual sale of one-year tax and revenue anticipation notes. Benefits that the municipal money market will get from the notes; Structure of the sale.
- MMD: Far West market scales. // Bond Buyer;12/04/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30533, p8
Presents charts and graphs showing the data on the performance of municipal bonds in the United States as of December 2, 1998. Includes yield curves; Daily variable rate demand; Tax-free money market funds.
- Swollen variable-rate supply keeps short-term yield curve flat. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;07/25/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30195, p6
Reports that a large supply of variable-rate products has kept the short-term yield curve flat and helped create a neutral environment for municipal money market funds in the United States. Competition for funds posed by the stock market; Economic outlook according to Federal Reserve Board...
- Staying liquid is the name of the game as tax time looms. Karchmer, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;04/09/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30616, p8
Reports on the efforts of money managers to maintain liquidity of money market funds as taxpayers prepare to meet the April 15, 1999, tax deadline in the United States. Trends in the short-term market; Prospects for new issues; Municipal bond offerings; Increases in fund inflows.
- Muni Money Market Funds Cut Weekly Outflow to $66 Million. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;7/25/2014, Vol. 1 Issue F328, p1
The article focuses on the Money Fund Report, of U.S.-based market research firm iMoneyNet.com, which found that outflow of the tax-exempt money market funds has decreased to 66 million U.S. dollars in the week ended July 21, 2014 as total net assets settled at 256.75 billion U.S. dollars....