NEWS IN BRIEF
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily; Sanchez, Humberto; Ferris, Craig T.; McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;12/6/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31527, p1
Presents news briefs related to bonds and securities in the U.S. as of December 6, 2002. Decrease in applications for state unemployment benefits; Revision of federal indexes of industrial production and capacity utilization; Details on the sale of cash management bills by the Treasury Department.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Ferris, Craig T.; Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;05/11/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31137, p2
Reports developments related to bonds in the United States as of May 2001. Announcement of the decrease of import prices index by the Department of labor; Decline of the Chicago Fed Midwest Manufacturing Index; Amount of unemployment benefits.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;6/11/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31903, p2
Presents news briefs related to bonds in the United States as of June 2004. Increase in first-time applications for state unemployment benefits; Rise in import price index; Federal government's budget deficit in May 2004.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Vadum, Matthew; Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;9/14/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31223, p2
Reports developments related to bonds in the United States. Decline of the import price index in July; Increase in the applications for state employment benefits; Placement of long-term corporate credit ratings on all airlines and entities on Credit Watch due to terrorist attacks.
- Michigan Eyes $4 Billion of Bonds To Pay Off Insurance for Jobless. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;2/8/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33463, p3
The article reports on the plan of Michigan to issue 4 billion dollars in tax-exempt bonds to pay off its 3.7 billion dollar obligation to the federal government for unemployment insurance.
- From the TM3 wire. Louis, Brian; Gallo, Pete // Bond Buyer;11/07/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30269, p2
Provides several bond issues in New York and Washington. Bonds sold by Westchester County to investors; Spending increase expected to boost by West Virginia commission; Increase in initial claims of unemployment insurance in Washington.
- Bond auction, jobless gain boost prices. Peterson, Dean // Bond Buyer;11/07/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30269, p2
Reports increase on treasury prices after favorable bond auction and a government report showing higher jobless claims in October 1997. Figures on bond increase; Increase on the initial claims for unemployment insurance benefits according to the Labor Department.
- Merrill Lynch Corporate Bond Indexes. // Bond Buyer;12/12/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31283, p36
Compares the performance of several triple-A and triple-B rated corporate bonds in Merrill Lynch Corporate Bond Indexes in the U.S. for December 10, 2001. Average yield for different corporate bonds; Index value of the bonds at the time of closing; Percentage of total return for the bonds during...
- Bond Buyer Yield Indexes Mostly Static in Holiday Week. O'Connor, Jeanine; The Bond Buyer Wire // Bond Buyer;1/4/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31297, p29
Cites a report by the Institute of Supply Management which shows changes in the yield indexes of the periodical 'Bond Buyer' for bonds. Performance of non-manufacturing index; Decline in the 30-year revenue bonds; Expected growth of bond market after introduction of municipal bonds in the market.