Deficit-Challenged Chicago Plans to Cut Jobs, Raise Fees
- Local outpouring sets stage for other 'fires' // Inside Tucson Business;6/30/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p4
Editorial. Comments on the issues faced by the state government in Arizona. Need for developing a metropolitan transportation commission; Assessment of the educational system; Development of the workforce.
- States face worker shortage crisis. Carroll, James; Moss, David // State Government News;Oct2002, Vol. 45 Issue 9, p34
Presents the results of a survey conducted by the Council of State Governments on a worker shortage that may occur in the U.S. by 2006. Factors that will contribute to a workforce shortage; Rate of early retirement; List of U.S. states that are in risk of a shortage.
- Supreme Court voucher ruling gives Utah an opportunity. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;7/8/2002, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p18
Comments on the implementation of a school voucher program by the state government in Utah. Elimination of the bureaucratic nature of the educational system; Education of the workforce; Increase of state budget for education.
- Been There, Done That: Overcoming 'Check-the-Box' Training Syndrome. Holliday, Trish; Ricketts, Ernie // Public Manager;Fall2014, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p17
The article reports that the true learning communities allows organization to adapt the changes in the culture and retaining committed workforce in the U.S. It focuses on the necessity of initiatives that offer continuous learning opportunities. It mentions that the strategy including retiring...
- Schools in Our 49th State. Planck, Carolyn H. // Education Digest;Mar1959, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p9
This is a reprint of the article "Schools in Our 49th State," by Carolyn H. Planck, which appeared in the December 1958 issue of NEA Journal. The author argues that statehood cannot change the basic conditions affecting the operation of schools. A variety of terrain and climate conditions also...
- Actions Taken to Fulfill Core Mission and Address Workforce Issues. Lord, Steve // GAO Reports;7/23/2009, preceding p1
The article reports on the result of the study conducted by the Government Accountability Office (GAO) relative to the role of the Federal Air Marshal Service (FAMS) on the deployment of the armed air marshals onboard selected flights. The testimony is based on GAO's January 2009 report with...
- Illustrative Simulations of the Likely Effects of Underrepresenting Unauthorized Residents. // GAO Reports;12/7/2009, preceding p1
The article presents a report asked by the Government Accountability Office (GAO) of U.S. to address issues concerning the impact of unauthorized residents on labor force statistics. The issues addresssed include extent of underrepresentation and labor force status. It states that GAO's...
- Education, Jobs Linked. Payne, Amy // Grand Rapids Business Journal;4/11/2005, Vol. 23 Issue 15, p9
Reports on the importance of college graduates to decrease the unemployment rate in Michigan in April 2005. Efforts of the state government to attract college graduates to its work force; Impact of the trend in the unemployment rate on the economic status of the state; Strategy applied by the...
- LETTERS. Secord, Lori; Falvella, Myles; Melcher, Robert P.; Anater, Matt W.; Murray, T. J. // Central Penn Business Journal;12/19/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 52, p10
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including the move of the state government to develop the current economy and "The Invisible Workforce."