Money in Campaign War Chests Examined in Illinois, Michigan
- Primary Voters Cement Candidates for Michigan Governor. Carvlin, Elizabeth; Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/8/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31445, p5
Reports the selection of candidates for the gubernatorial election by voters in Michigan. List of selected candidates; Reason for the resignation of John Engler as governor; Political issues faced by Engler.
- Governor hopefuls talk tourism, gaming. Delgado, Steve // Inside Tucson Business;8/26/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 22, p1
Reports on 2002 Arizona gubernatorial candidates' participation in a pre-election forum, which was held in Tucson in August 2002. Discussion of topics concerning Indian gaming propositions and funding for the Arizona Office of Tourism; Participation of candidates such as Betsey Bayless, Alfredo...
- PENNSYLVANIA, OREGON NOW SET FOR MAIN EVENTS. Cook, Charlie // National Journal;5/25/2002, Vol. 34 Issue 21, p1580
Focuses on the gubernatorial primaries in Oregon. Candidacy of former Philadelphia Mayor Ed Rendell; Opposition tactics of Republican party against Rendell; Profile of the Democrat candidate Ted Kulongoski.
- Voters to pick 13 governors. // State Government News;Oct2000, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p6
Reports on the gubernatorial candidates for November 7, 2000 election in American Samoa and Puerto Rico. Incumbents who are and are not seeking for reelection; Candidates for American Samoa and Puerto Rico.
- What the candidates say and don't say: A quick guide. // Westchester County Business Journal;10/28/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 43, p20
Focuses on New York gubernatorial candidates' stand on various economic issues. Economic development effort; Indian point; Job growth; Tax policy.
- Who Wants to Be GOVERNOR? // Scholastic News -- Senior Edition;9/29/2003, Vol. 72 Issue 4, p6
Presents the candidates for the October 2003 recall election for governor in California.
- Alabama's gubernatorial candidates offer sharply contrasting spending views. Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;09/24/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30485, p36
Reports on the possible impact of the outcome of Alabama's gubernatorial race on the state's future borrowing. Proposals made by candidates; Campaign funds; Importance of the issue of a state lottery in deciding the election.
- 'Dirty Dozen' candidates raise gubernatorial stakes. Hill, John // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);3/10/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 37, p23
Focuses on the funding stakes raised by gubernatorial candidates in Louisiana. Cost of estimated credible primary campaign; Identification of the source of funding; Efforts of other candidates to put up considerable personal funds.
- Hevesi, Faso prepare negative campaign tacks. Lentz, Philip // Crain's New York Business;9/16/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 37, p4
Focuses on the gubernatorial election in New York. Career of candidate, Alan Hevesi in public service; Political campaigns of candidate, John Faso; Advantages of fund-raising.