THE EFFECT OF RECENT TAX CHANGES ON TAX-PREFERRED SAVING BEHAVIOR
- Roths: Still the Right Choice--A Response. Hulse, David S. // CPA Journal;Jun2010, Vol. 80 Issue 6, p15
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Roth: Still the Right Choice," by Neal R. VanZante and Ralph B. Fritzsch in the February 2010 issue.
- Restore order to Roth IRA withdrawals. // Small Business Tax Strategies;Aug2012, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p5
The article advises taxpayers in the U.S. to withdraw from a Roth individual retirement account (IRA) if they need cash immediately in order to avoid greater tax payment.
- 21. Consider Converting to a Roth. Brandon, Emily // U.S. News & World Report;Dec2010, Vol. 147 Issue 11, p46
The article presents information on how people can save money by taking advantage of a program allowing them to convert a pre-tax individual retirement account (IRA) to a Roth IRA or traditional 401(k) retirement account to a Roth 401(k) account by the end of 2010. The article addresses the...
- Tax Pro Q&A. // Tax Strategist;May2010, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p4
The article presents questions and answers related to taxation in the U.S. including the payment of taxes for Individual Retirement Account (IRA) conversion, the tax rules for meal expenses and the payment of higher premiums for lost contract.
- Tax credits can help employees take home bigger checks. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);03/12/2001, Vol. 21 Issue 38, p15
Focuses on the tax benefit for employees called advance earned income tax credit (advance EITC) in the United States. Addition of a portion of the advance EITC to employees' paychecks; Eligibility to advance EITC; Forms that should be filled out by employees; Income qualifications; Tax form...
- Tax Plan Provides Deal to Wealthy IRA Converters. // American Banker;12/27/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 198, p7
The article discusses a U.S. tax plan that gives wealthy taxpayers the equivalent of an interest-free loan if they convert a regular individual retirement account (IRA) to a Roth IRA by December 31, 2010.
- Double up on 2011 distributions. // Tax Strategist;Mar2011, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p3
The article provides information on the extended tax-free charitable rollovers for retirees to double up on their 2011 tax year distribution as the 2010 Tax Relief Act in the U.S. was passed late in 2010 granting taxpayers extra time to complete their rollovers from their individual retirement...
- IRAs get a boost from 'sweet deal' on wrap fee. // Tax Strategist;Apr2011, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p4
The article offers information on the rulings regarding payment of wrap fees and its implication on the individual retirement accounts (IRA) in the U.S. It notes that payment of wrap fees, which cover investment advisory services and broker commissions, are not considered traditional or Roth IRA...
- Tax Pro Q&A. // Tax Strategist;Apr2011, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p4
The article presents questions and answers related to taxation in the U.S. including home sale exclusion, application of wash sale rule on individual retirement accounts (IRA) stock sale, and claiming of child care credit.