FATTY ACID PROFILE OF CHEESE PRODUCED WITH MILK FROM COWS GRAZING ON MOUNTAIN PASTURES
- Conjugated Linoleic Acid Contents in Cheeses of Different Compositions During Six Months of Ripening. Lobos-Ortega, Iris; Revilla, Isabel; González-Martín, María Inmaculada; Hernández-Hierro, José Miguel; Vivar-Quintana, Ana; González-Pérez, Claudio // Czech Journal of Food Science;2012, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p220
The study deals with the effects of the origin of milk (cow, ewe, goat, at different proportions), seasonality, and ripening time on the contents of conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) in 224 samples of cheese. The sum of the cis9, trans11 and trans10, cis12 isomers was determined by GC-FID, after...
- Fatty acid composition and CLA content in goat milk and cheese samples from Umbrian market. Cossignani, Lina; Giua, Laura; Urbani, Eleonora; Simonetti, Maria; Blasi, Francesca // European Food Research & Technology;Dec2014, Vol. 239 Issue 6, p905
Goat dairy products are considered as a suitable alternative to cow milk products for some special categories of consumers (infants, old, and convalescent people). In the present research, a study on the lipid fraction of commercial goat milk and cheese samples purchased from Umbrian market was...
- Yak cheese may be better than cow's cheese for heart health. // New Scientist;3/22/2008, Vol. 197 Issue 2648, p18
The article discusses a research by Mamun Or-Rashid and colleagues which compared the fatty-acid content of cheese made from a Nepalese yak's milk and a standard Canadian cheddar. Authors found that the yak cheese had a lower overall fat content and, compared with cow's milk cheese, contained...
- Microbial production of a novel trihydroxy unsaturated fatty acid from linoleic acid. Hou, C T; Brown, W; Labeda, D P; Abbott, T P; Weisleder, D // Journal of Industrial Microbiology & Biotechnology;Jul97, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p34
A bacterium isolated from a dry soil sample collected from McCalla, AL, USA, converted linoleic acid to a novel compound, 12,13,17-trihydroxy-9 (Z)-octadecenoic acid (THOA). The organism is a Gram-positive, non-motile rod (0.5 ï¿½m 3 2 ï¿½m). It was identified as a species of Clavibacter...
- CONJUGATED LINOLEIC ACID. Drozd, Shelley // Runner's World;Sep2005, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p48
Presents information on conjugated linoleic acid, a type of fat found primarily in milk and cattle meat.
- CLA. // Muscle & Performance;Sep2011, Vol. 3 Issue 9, p26
The article offers information on a study which examined the beneficial properties of conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) despite the fact that it is a trans-fatty acid.
- A New Perspective on trans,trans Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA), an Overlooked CLA Isomer. Shah, Utkarsh; Baum, Jamie; Proctor, Andrew // Journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society (JAOCS);Mar2014, Vol. 91 Issue 3, p521
A letter to the editor is presented on the health benefits of trans, trans conjugated linoleic acid (CLA).
- Content and distribution of conjugated linoleic acid isomers in bovine milk, cheese and butter from Azores. PESTANA, José M.; MARTINS, Susana I. V.; ALFAIA, Cristina M. M.; LOPES, Paula A.; COSTA, Ana S. H.; BESSA, Rui J. B.; CASTRO, Matilde L. F.; PRATES, José A. M. // Dairy Science & Technology (EDP Sciences);2009, Vol. 89 Issue 2, p193
Pasture intake is a major factor affecting the content and the distribution of the conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) isomers in bovine milk fat. The aim of this study was to determine the CLA contents and its isomeric distribution in milk, cheese and butter from Azores, a Portuguese archipelago in...
- H- and C-NMR Characterization of the Molecular Components of the Lipid Fraction of Pecorino Sardo Cheese. Scano, P.; Anedda, R.; Melis, M.; Dessi', M.; Lai, A.; Roggio, T. // Journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society (JAOCS);Sep2011, Vol. 88 Issue 9, p1305
In this work the molecular fatty components of Pecorino Sardo Protected Designation of Origin (PS PDO) cheese were characterized through an exhaustive investigation of the H- and C-NMR spectra of the extracted lipids. Several fatty acids (FA), such as long chain saturated, oleic, linoleic,...