Mass spectrometric transient study of dc plasma etching of Si in CF4 and CF4/O2 mixtures
- Patterning of silicon by indentation and chemical etching. Rao, R.; Bradby, J. E.; Williams, J. S. // Applied Physics Letters;9/17/2007, Vol. 91 Issue 12, p123113
An array of features on Si (100) is fabricated by a new maskless pattering process involving a combination of indentation and anisotropic wet chemical etching. Indentation is carried out in order to induce transformation to the high-pressure phases, Si III and Si XII, before etching in a KOH...
- Applied unveils remote plasma etcher system. // Electronic News (10616624);7/10/95, Vol. 41 Issue 2073, p102
Comments on Applied Materials' introduction of an etch system with what it called the remote plasma source (RPS) for solving problems associated with wet etch systems used for many isotropic etch procedures. Its suitability for devices with 0.5 micron features and below; How it extends...
- Formation of optoelectronic structures based on InAsSb/InAsSbP solid solutions. Grebenshchikova, E. A.; Litvak, A. M.; Sherstnev, V. V.; Yakovlev, Yu. P. // Technical Physics Letters;Aug98, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p593
An etchant having the composition HCl/CrO[sub 3]/HF/H[sub 2]O is proposed for fabricating optoelectronic devices (lasers, light-emitting diodes, and photodiodes) based on InAs solid solutions for the 3 - 5 ï¿½m spectral range. It is shown that the proposed etchant ensures isotropic rates of...
- Catalyzed gaseous etching of silicon. Selamoglu, Nur; Mucha, John A.; Flamm, Daniel L.; Ibbotson, Dale E. // Journal of Applied Physics;8/1/87, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p1049
Presents the traces of copper and silver to accelerate the etching of silicon by molecular fluorine. Examples of enhancement of silicon etching; Arrhenius plot of silicon etch rate with and without copper present; Effect of etchant gas and metal contaminant on silicon etching.
- Improved aqueous etchant for high T[sub c] superconductor materials. Ashby, Carol I.H.; Martens, Jon // Applied Physics Letters;4/27/1992, Vol. 60 Issue 17, p2147
Develops an aqueous etchant for high temperature superconductor materials. Factors responsible for the increase in surface resistance; Cause of the reduction of surface-resistance degradation; Selection of etching times for surface resistant measurements.
- Etchants for ancient iron implements. Piaskowski, Jerzy; Radzikowska, Janina // Advanced Materials & Processes;Feb2001, Vol. 159 Issue 2, p45
Focuses on the microstructure of ancient and medieval iron implements. Klemm's I color etchant and its component; Analysis of the microstructures of ancient iron implements, including Damascus steel blades, Japanese swords and bloomery iron.
- High efficiency chemical etchant for the formation of luminescent porous silicon. Kelly, Michael T.; Chun, Jonathan K.M. // Applied Physics Letters;3/28/1994, Vol. 64 Issue 13, p1693
Describes a chemical etchant for the formation of a porous silicon. Comparison of the photoluminescent intensity between hydrofluoric acid (HF) solutions with ion NO[sup +] and nitric acid/HF based stain etches; Improvement of the etch induction time; Identification of NO[sup +] as the active...
- Di- and Tricarboxylic-acid-based etches for processing high temperature superconducting thin films. Ginley, D.S.; Ashby, C.I.H.; Plut, T.A.; Urea, D.; Siegal, M.P.; Martens, J.S. // Applied Physics Letters;10/25/1993, Vol. 63 Issue 17, p2429
Presents a class of chelating etches for processing yttrium-barium-copper and thallium-barium-calcium-cobalt high temperature superconductors. Implications for the fabrication of high-frequency devices; Increase in microwave surface resistance; Applications of the etch technology.
- Liquid etching of metallization layers on GaAs/Al x Ga1 - x as heterostructures with HNO3 + HCl + glycerol mixture. Arbenina, V.; Marmalyuk, A.; Arbenin, D.; Budkin, I.; Govorkov, O. // Inorganic Materials;Nov2008, Vol. 44 Issue 12, p1278
A program package is developed for simplex-lattice-design processing of the data on etching of solid systems in multicomponent etchants. The procedure suggested is implemented in studying the processes of etching of metallization layers on GaAs/Al x Ga1 - x As semiconductor heterostructures in...