THE RELATIONSHIP OF ZOONOTIC CUTANEOUS LEISHMANIASIS TO ABO BLOOD GROUP
- Novel Therapies to Reduce Rejection in Kidney Transplant Recipients. Myers, Linda // Nephrology Nursing Journal;Nov/Dec2008, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p591
The article provides an answer to a question of whether plasmapheresis is an effective strategy in reducing the incidence of acute antibody-mediated rejection in ABO-incompatible or human leukocyte antigen (HLA)-sensitized kidney transplant recipients.
- ABO BLOOD GROUPS IN THE ACCELERATED FORM OF HYPERTENSION. Perera, George A.; Adler, Gerald // Annals of Internal Medicine;Jul60, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p84
Deals with the frequency of ABO blood groups in the accelerated form of hypertension. Determination of blood groups in white and Negro men and women with the accelerated form of hypertension; Summary of results.
- ABO blood group and gall stone disease. Juvonen, Tatu; Niemela, Onni // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);7/4/92, Vol. 305 Issue 6844, p26
Focuses on the relationship between blood groups and gallstone diseases. Significance of the median total volume of fall stones in group A; Association of blood group antigens with the development of cancer; Genetic determinants of cholesterol cholelithiasis.
- Non-secretion of ABO blood group antigens as a host susceptibility factor in the spodyloarthropathies. Shinebaum, Ruth; Blackwell, C. Caroline; Forster, Peter J.G.; Hurst, Nigel P.; Weir, Donald M.; Nuki, George // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);1/24/1987, Vol. 294 Issue 6566, p208
Evaluates non-secretion of ABO blood group antigens as a host susceptibility factor in the spondyloarthropathies. Determination of the ABO blood group distribution or secretor state; Increase in the prevalence of non-secretors; Health effects of the association between non-sector state and...
- Re: ABO Blood Group and the Risk of Pancreatic Cancer. Maisonneuve, Patrick; Iodice, Simona; L�hr, J-Matthias; Lowenfels, Albert B.; Wolpin, Brian M.; Fuchs, Charles S. // JNCI: Journal of the National Cancer Institute;8/19/2009, Vol. 101 Issue 16, p1156
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article regarding the connection of antibodies group (ABO) blood type to pancreatic cancer.
- Symbols for alleles controlling the human ABO blood groups. Andrews, Stuart // Journal of Biological Education (Society of Biology);Spring90, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p3
Examines the alleles controlling the human ABO blood groups. Teaching of codominance as illustrated by ABO blood groups; Changes in the approach to teaching the inheritance of blood groups; Institute of Biology's recommendations on nomenclature.
- Incompatible plasma transfusions and haemolysis in children. Duguid, J K M; Minards, J; Bolton-Maggs, P H B // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);01/16/99, Vol. 318 Issue 7177, p176
Reports on three cases of delayed haemolytic transfusion reactions resulting from the infusion of group O platelets or plasma to patients of group A or AB. Background information on the three cases; Problems that may arise if group O plasma or platelets are transfused to patients of group A or...
- ABO blood groups and myocardial infarction among Palestinians. Skaik, Younis A. M. // Annals of Cardiac Anaesthesia;Jul2009, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p171
A letter to the editor about the link between ABO blood groups and myocardial infarction (MI) is presented.
- Associations of ABO blood groups with various gynecologic diseases. Duck-An Kim; Think-You Kim // Archives of Gynecology & Obstetrics;Dec2010, Vol. 282 Issue 2, p229
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "ABO and Rh blood groups distribution in patients with endometriosis," by I. Matalliotaskis and colleagues in a 2009 issue.