THE RELATIONSHIP OF ZOONOTIC CUTANEOUS LEISHMANIASIS TO ABO BLOOD GROUP
- Novel Therapies to Reduce Rejection in Kidney Transplant Recipients. Myers, Linda // Nephrology Nursing Journal;Nov/Dec2008, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p591
The article provides an answer to a question of whether plasmapheresis is an effective strategy in reducing the incidence of acute antibody-mediated rejection in ABO-incompatible or human leukocyte antigen (HLA)-sensitized kidney transplant recipients.
- ABO blood group and gall stone disease. Juvonen, Tatu; Niemela, Onni // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);7/4/92, Vol. 305 Issue 6844, p26
Focuses on the relationship between blood groups and gallstone diseases. Significance of the median total volume of fall stones in group A; Association of blood group antigens with the development of cancer; Genetic determinants of cholesterol cholelithiasis.
- Non-secretion of ABO blood group antigens as a host susceptibility factor in the spodyloarthropathies. Shinebaum, Ruth; Blackwell, C. Caroline; Forster, Peter J.G.; Hurst, Nigel P.; Weir, Donald M.; Nuki, George // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);1/24/1987, Vol. 294 Issue 6566, p208
Evaluates non-secretion of ABO blood group antigens as a host susceptibility factor in the spondyloarthropathies. Determination of the ABO blood group distribution or secretor state; Increase in the prevalence of non-secretors; Health effects of the association between non-sector state and...
- Symbols for alleles controlling the human ABO blood groups. Andrews, Stuart // Journal of Biological Education (Society of Biology);Spring90, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p3
Examines the alleles controlling the human ABO blood groups. Teaching of codominance as illustrated by ABO blood groups; Changes in the approach to teaching the inheritance of blood groups; Institute of Biology's recommendations on nomenclature.
- ABO blood groups and myocardial infarction among Palestinians. Skaik, Younis A. M. // Annals of Cardiac Anaesthesia;Jul2009, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p171
A letter to the editor about the link between ABO blood groups and myocardial infarction (MI) is presented.
- Liquid assets. Oliwenstein, Lori // Discover;Sep93, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p34
Presents a way to convert all blood cell types into universal O-type cells. Significance of method due to the shortage of blood donations; Blood's shelf-life of 35 days; People with type O blood as universal donors; Blood types-A, B, AB, and O-with same basic chain; Difference in the sugar that...
- Norwalk Virus Infection and Disease Is Associated with ABO Histo-Blood Group Type. Hutson, Anne M.; Atmar, Robert L.; Graham, David Y.; Estes, Mary K. // Journal of Infectious Diseases;5/1/2002, Vol. 185 Issue 9, p1335
Some people are resistant to Norwalk virus (NV) infection; however, the factor(s) responsible for resistance or susceptibility to NV infection has not been identified. This study investigated the relationship between a person's ABO histo-blood group type and the risk of NV infection and...
- Further note on possible changes in the geographic... Mascie-Taylor, C.G.N.; Lasker, G.W. // Human Biology;Jun96, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p473
Examines how internal migration influences the geographic distribution of ABO and Rh blood groups in Great Britain. Comparison of previous findings with present information; How migration alters the geographic distribution of blood groups.
- A[sub 1] /A[sub 2] blood group variant due to fucosylation deficiency in carbohydrate deficient glycoprotein syndrome type I?? Heyne, K.; Weidinger, S. // European Journal of Pediatrics;1999, Vol. 158 Issue 2, p170
Discusses the use of blood group antigens of the ABO system to illustrate O-linked glycoprotein synthesis. Result of a series of exergonic non-template glycosyltransferase reactions; Presence of intermediate A[sub 1] and A[sub 2] blood group constellation in erythrocytes of a patient with a...