THE RELATIONSHIP OF ZOONOTIC CUTANEOUS LEISHMANIASIS TO ABO BLOOD GROUP
- Novel Therapies to Reduce Rejection in Kidney Transplant Recipients. Myers, Linda // Nephrology Nursing Journal;Nov/Dec2008, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p591
The article provides an answer to a question of whether plasmapheresis is an effective strategy in reducing the incidence of acute antibody-mediated rejection in ABO-incompatible or human leukocyte antigen (HLA)-sensitized kidney transplant recipients.
- ABO blood group and gall stone disease. Juvonen, Tatu; Niemela, Onni // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);7/4/92, Vol. 305 Issue 6844, p26
Focuses on the relationship between blood groups and gallstone diseases. Significance of the median total volume of fall stones in group A; Association of blood group antigens with the development of cancer; Genetic determinants of cholesterol cholelithiasis.
- Non-secretion of ABO blood group antigens as a host susceptibility factor in the spodyloarthropathies. Shinebaum, Ruth; Blackwell, C. Caroline; Forster, Peter J.G.; Hurst, Nigel P.; Weir, Donald M.; Nuki, George // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);1/24/1987, Vol. 294 Issue 6566, p208
Evaluates non-secretion of ABO blood group antigens as a host susceptibility factor in the spondyloarthropathies. Determination of the ABO blood group distribution or secretor state; Increase in the prevalence of non-secretors; Health effects of the association between non-sector state and...
- Symbols for alleles controlling the human ABO blood groups. Andrews, Stuart // Journal of Biological Education (Society of Biology);Spring90, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p3
Examines the alleles controlling the human ABO blood groups. Teaching of codominance as illustrated by ABO blood groups; Changes in the approach to teaching the inheritance of blood groups; Institute of Biology's recommendations on nomenclature.
- ABO blood groups and myocardial infarction among Palestinians. Skaik, Younis A. M. // Annals of Cardiac Anaesthesia;Jul2009, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p171
A letter to the editor about the link between ABO blood groups and myocardial infarction (MI) is presented.
- Liquid assets. Oliwenstein, Lori // Discover;Sep93, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p34
Presents a way to convert all blood cell types into universal O-type cells. Significance of method due to the shortage of blood donations; Blood's shelf-life of 35 days; People with type O blood as universal donors; Blood types-A, B, AB, and O-with same basic chain; Difference in the sugar that...
- Norwalk Virus Infection and Disease Is Associated with ABO Histo-Blood Group Type. Hutson, Anne M.; Atmar, Robert L.; Graham, David Y.; Estes, Mary K. // Journal of Infectious Diseases;5/1/2002, Vol. 185 Issue 9, p1335
Some people are resistant to Norwalk virus (NV) infection; however, the factor(s) responsible for resistance or susceptibility to NV infection has not been identified. This study investigated the relationship between a person's ABO histo-blood group type and the risk of NV infection and...
- Further note on possible changes in the geographic... Mascie-Taylor, C.G.N.; Lasker, G.W. // Human Biology;Jun96, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p473
Examines how internal migration influences the geographic distribution of ABO and Rh blood groups in Great Britain. Comparison of previous findings with present information; How migration alters the geographic distribution of blood groups.
- Novel Technique for Kidney Transplant Performed. // India -- West;8/26/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 40, pA40
The article reports that the first ever ABO Incompatible Kidney Transplantation in patient whose blood group did not match with donor was performed using immuno absorption technique at the Kamineni Super Specialty Hospital in Hyderabad, India.