THE RELATIONSHIP OF ZOONOTIC CUTANEOUS LEISHMANIASIS TO ABO BLOOD GROUP
- ABO blood group and gall stone disease. Juvonen, Tatu; Niemela, Onni // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);7/4/92, Vol. 305 Issue 6844, p26
Focuses on the relationship between blood groups and gallstone diseases. Significance of the median total volume of fall stones in group A; Association of blood group antigens with the development of cancer; Genetic determinants of cholesterol cholelithiasis.
- Non-secretion of ABO blood group antigens as a host susceptibility factor in the spodyloarthropathies. Shinebaum, Ruth; Blackwell, C. Caroline; Forster, Peter J.G.; Hurst, Nigel P.; Weir, Donald M.; Nuki, George // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);1/24/1987, Vol. 294 Issue 6566, p208
Evaluates non-secretion of ABO blood group antigens as a host susceptibility factor in the spondyloarthropathies. Determination of the ABO blood group distribution or secretor state; Increase in the prevalence of non-secretors; Health effects of the association between non-sector state and...
- Symbols for alleles controlling the human ABO blood groups. Andrews, Stuart // Journal of Biological Education (Society of Biology);Spring90, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p3
Examines the alleles controlling the human ABO blood groups. Teaching of codominance as illustrated by ABO blood groups; Changes in the approach to teaching the inheritance of blood groups; Institute of Biology's recommendations on nomenclature.
- ABO blood groups and myocardial infarction among Palestinians. Skaik, Younis A. M. // Annals of Cardiac Anaesthesia;Jul2009, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p171
A letter to the editor about the link between ABO blood groups and myocardial infarction (MI) is presented.
- Norwalk Virus Infection and Disease Is Associated with ABO Histo-Blood Group Type. Hutson, Anne M.; Atmar, Robert L.; Graham, David Y.; Estes, Mary K. // Journal of Infectious Diseases;5/1/2002, Vol. 185 Issue 9, p1335
Some people are resistant to Norwalk virus (NV) infection; however, the factor(s) responsible for resistance or susceptibility to NV infection has not been identified. This study investigated the relationship between a person's ABO histo-blood group type and the risk of NV infection and...
- Further note on possible changes in the geographic... Mascie-Taylor, C.G.N.; Lasker, G.W. // Human Biology;Jun96, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p473
Examines how internal migration influences the geographic distribution of ABO and Rh blood groups in Great Britain. Comparison of previous findings with present information; How migration alters the geographic distribution of blood groups.
- A[sub 1] /A[sub 2] blood group variant due to fucosylation deficiency in carbohydrate deficient glycoprotein syndrome type Iâ€Š? Heyne, K.; Weidinger, S. // European Journal of Pediatrics;1999, Vol. 158 Issue 2, p170
Discusses the use of blood group antigens of the ABO system to illustrate O-linked glycoprotein synthesis. Result of a series of exergonic non-template glycosyltransferase reactions; Presence of intermediate A[sub 1] and A[sub 2] blood group constellation in erythrocytes of a patient with a...
- Study of A1A2BO, Rh (D) and Bombay (Oh) Blood Groups Among the Agri Community of Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra. Arzbegi, A. Z. // IUP Journal of Genetics & Evolution;Nov2010, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p50
The article presents a study on blood group including A1A2BO, Bombay (Oh) and Rh (D) blood group distribution among the Agricultural Community of Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. The study shows that most individuals tested positive for Rh (D) blood groups by 91.9%. The author concludes that the...
- Relationship Between Various Cancers And ABO Blood Groups - A Northern India Experience. Akhtar, Kafil; Mehdi, Ghazala; Sherwani, Rana; Ahmad Sofi, Lateef // Internet Journal of Pathology;2011, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p1
Research Question: Incidence of ABO blood group in different cancers in Northern IndiaObjectives: To find out the incidence of ABO blood group in different cancers in Western Uttar Pradesh, so as to assess the utility of ABO blood group as a preclinical marker. Design: The study was conducted on...