Empirical potential for the He+CO2 interaction: Multiproperty fitting in the infinite-order sudden approximation
- Rotational and vibrational dynamics of CO[sub 2] and N[sub 2]O in helium nanodroplets. Nauta, K.; Miller, R. E. // Journal of Chemical Physics;12/8/2001, Vol. 115 Issue 22, p10254
Infrared spectra are reported for carbon dioxide and nitrous oxide solvated in superfluid helium droplets, corresponding to the vibrational excitation of the (02[sup 0]1)/(10[sup 0]1) Fermi diad. Although the rotational constants of these two molecules are similar in the gas phase, they are...
- State to state He-CO rotationally inelastic scattering. Antonova, Stiliana; Ao Lin // Journal of Chemical Physics;2/1/1999, Vol. 110 Issue 5, p2384
Studies the relative integral cross sections for rotational excitation of carbon dioxide in collisions with helium. Sensitivity of the cross sections to anisotropy in the repulsive wall of the helium-carbon dioxide interaction; Interference structure of the observed cross sections; fractional...
- Estimation of Respiratory Drive with Carbon Dioxide and Helium. Grant, Joseph L.; Lucier, Eugene; Mahnke, Mark L. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Jan71, Vol. 74 Issue 1, p62
Studies the application of the measurement of the ventilatory response to carbon dioxide and helium as a means of differentiating between respiratory-center depression and airway obstruction. Basic cause of carbon dioxide retention in patients with chronic obstructive lung disease; Methodology...
- CO2 laser stabilization using an external cavity locked to a reference HeNe laser. Adam, A. G.; Gough, T. E.; Isenor, N. R. // Review of Scientific Instruments;Jan86, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p6
A method is described for stabilization of a cw CO2 laser by locking it to a modulated external cavity which is locked to a HeNe reference laser. This avoids the necessity of modulating the CO2 laser. Stability values of a few tens of kHz on the microsecond and minute time scales have been achieved.
- The structure and dynamics of CO2 on NaCl(001) studied by helium atom scattering. Lange, G.; Schmicker, D.; Toennies, J. P.; Vollmer, R.; Weiss, H. // Journal of Chemical Physics;8/8/95, Vol. 103 Issue 6, p2308
The structure and dynamics of physisorbed carbon dioxide on in situ cleaved single crystal sodium chloride surfaces was studied by means of elastic as well as inelastic helium atom scattering. At Tsurface=80�83.5 K the diffraction patterns indicate a commensurate (2�1) monolayer...
- Impact of Laparoscopy with Carbon Dioxide versus Helium on Local and Systemic Inflammation in an Animal Model of Peritonitis. Jacobi, Christoph A.; Ordemann, Jurgen; Halle, Elke; Volk, Heinz D.; Muller, Joachim M. // Journal of Laparoendoscopic & Advanced Surgical Techniques;Jun99, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p305
Presents a study which investigated the impact of laparoscopy with carbon dioxide and helium on bacteremia, endotoxemia and systemic inflammation in a rat peritonitis model. Measurement of endotoxin plasma concentration; Leukocyte counts in peripheral blood; Formation of intraperitoneal abscesses.
- Experimental Study of Effect of Embolism of Different Laparoscopy Insufflation Gases. Yau, Patrick; Watson, David I.; Lafullarde, Thierry; Jamieson, Glyn G. // Journal of Laparoendoscopic & Advanced Surgical Techniques;Aug2001, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p211
Background and Purpose: Whilst carbon dioxide is the gas generally used for insufflation during laparoscopy, several studies have reported adverse effects specifically associated with its use. These effects may be attributable to chemical, metabolic, or immunologic effects specific to CO[sub 2]....
- Gas-chromatographic determination of the impurity composition of permanent gases, methane, carbon monooxide, and carbon dioxide in high-purity monogermane. Vorotyntsev, V. M.; Mochalov, G. M.; Suvorov, S. S.; Shishkin, A. O. // Journal of Analytical Chemistry;Jun2010, Vol. 65 Issue 6, p634
A procedure is developed for the gas-chromatographic determination of trace impurities of permanent gases (H2, O2/Ar, N2), methane, and carbon mono- and dioxide in high-purity monogermane using a helium discharge detector and a heat-conductivity detector. The procedure is based on the principle...
- The effect of He3 on CO2 laser power. Marcus, S.; Stein, D. T. // Journal of Applied Physics;1/1/86, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p268
Presents a study which examined the effect of the choice of helium isotope on the output power of a sealed-off carbon dioxide laser. Function of helium in sealed-off carbon dioxide lasers; Methods; Experimental results.