Effects of grain size, hardness, and stress on the magnetic hysteresis loops of ferromagnetic steels
- Autocalibrating quasistatic M-H hysteresis loop tracer with negligible drift. Franco, V.; Ramos-Martos, J. // Review of Scientific Instruments;Dec1996, Vol. 67 Issue 12, p4167
Describes a computer-controlled system for measuring M-H hysteresis loops of soft magnetic materials. Problems with measurements of low coercivity materials; How the combination of low drift hardware and measurement procedure makes software correction unnecessary; Avoidance of residual drift of...
- Origin of inverted-in-sense and constricted near-surface hysteresis loops of magnetic plates. Tejedor, M.; Rubio, H.; Fern�ndez, A. // Applied Physics Letters;10/30/1989, Vol. 55 Issue 18, p1920
New types of magnetic hysteresis loops, inverted-in-sense and crossed, have been observed in some directions of the surface of METGLAS 2605SC circular plates (Allied Chemical Corp.) The origin of these kinds of loops and other constricted ones observed in the surface of magnetic plates is...
- Soft x-ray synchrotron radiation facilities for the study of magnetic materials (invited) (abstract). Tonner, Brian; O�Brien, W.; Green, M. A.; H�chst, H.; Reininger, R. // Journal of Applied Physics;5/15/1994, Vol. 75 Issue 10, p6811
Presents an abstract of the study 'Soft X-Ray Synchrotron Radiation Facilities for the Study of Magnetic Materials,' by Brian Tonner, W. O'Brien, M.A. Green, H. H�chst and R. Reininger.
- Frequency dependence of hysteresis curves in conducting magnetic materials (abstract). Jiles, D. C. // Journal of Applied Physics;5/15/1994, Vol. 75 Issue 10, p5511
Presents an abstract of the study 'Frequency Dependence of Hysteresis Curves in Conducting Magnetic Materials ,' by D.C. Jiles.
- Magnetic coupling of the composite mixtures Sm2Co17/Sm2Fe17N3 and Sm2Co17/Fe. O'Sullivan, J.; Rao, X.L. // Journal of Applied Physics;4/17/1997, Vol. 81 Issue 8, p5124
Reports that small but potentially useful improvements in hysteresis loops and energy products can be achieved by mixing magnetic particles of different sizes. Role anisotropic dipole coupling in the improvements.
- Magnetization hystereses in trilayer systems with an in-plane component defect. Yorozu, Takehiko; Hu, Xiao // Journal of Applied Physics;8/1/1999, Vol. 86 Issue 3, p1581
Presents information on a study which calculated the hystereses loops during magnetization reversal processes for systems of trilayer magnetic materials. Research design and methodology; Results and discussion.
- Quasistatic measurements for hysteresis modeling. Wulf, Marc De; Dupre�, Luc; Melkebeek, Jan // Journal of Applied Physics;5/1/2000, Vol. 87 Issue 9, p5239
In order to validate and test the correctness of hysteresis models used in the simulation of soft magnetic materials (electrical steel), one has to dispose of experimental data describing the hysteresis behavior of the material e.g., measurements under slow time varying excitation conditions in...
- Considerations on the physical interpretation of the Preisach model of ferromagnetic hysteresis. Bertotti, G.; Basso, V. // Journal of Applied Physics;5/15/1993, Vol. 73 Issue 10, p5827
Discusses the physical meaning of the standard Preisach model (PM) and of the Preisach distribution, particularly for what concerns the problem of the characterization of magnetic interactions. Description of the standard PM; Shape of hysteresis loops; Relation between magnetic interactions and...
- Computing the surface impedance in nonlinear materials with hysteresis. Bertoncini, F.; Cardelli, E.; Di Fraia, S.; Tellini, B. // Journal of Applied Physics;5/15/2003, Vol. 93 Issue 10, p6650
A numerical model in time domain for describing the energetic magnetic behavior of hysteretic materials is here proposed. Parallelogram shaped hysteresis loops have been used for simplifying the calculation. Equivalent major loops have been defined starting from the measured ones. Measurements...