Crib covers create restful environment for tiniest patients
- Folk masterpieces on a small scale. Fox, Sandi // Architectural Digest;Jun94, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p48
Focuses on quilts for cribs, cradles and trundle beds. Collectors' interest for quilts made for children; Size as the distinguishing factor from adult quilts; Early-nineteenth-century children's quilts; Baltimore Album quilts' distinctive motif bordered with strips of an acanthus plant;...
- A Block-Style Crib Quilt to Make. // Piecework;May/Jun97, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p39
The article offers step-by-step instructions for making a block-style crib quilt.
- Little Trip to Bali. Higgins, Julie // Keepsake Baby Quilts from Scraps;2010, p32
The article offers step-by-step instructions for making a baby quilt using batik scraps.
- Dean Miller Surf Bedding adds baby line. Kitchen, Jane // Furniture/Today;1/3/2005 Supplement, p20
The article reports that Dean Miller Surf Bedding has expanded its surf decor line to include baby and juvenile products, including California-themed crib sets, juvenile bedding, baby bibs, bassinets and other kids accessories. The first baby print, Alabaster's Dream, features stick-figure...
- Behavioral treatment of drug exposed infants: Analyzing and treating aggression. // Children Today;1992, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p12
Examines the new category of client that human service agencies have been confronted with, the drug-exposed infant. One hundred thousand cocaine exposed infants are born each year. Problems exhibited by these children; Comments from teachers; The story of Donnie; Children with behavior...
- PHS to award Healthy Start funds for maternal, child health in fall. // Public Health Reports;Jul/Aug91, Vol. 106 Issue 4, p467
Reveals that approximately 10 areas in the country will be awarded funds this fall by the Public Health Service (PHS) to improve infant and maternal health under the new `Healthy Start' initiative. Total funds available; Project areas and infant mortality rate; More.
- Surfactant therapy also benefits larger preemies with RDS. // RN;Sep92, Vol. 55 Issue 9, p112
Reports that a multicenter, international study has discovered that surfactant-replacement therapy improves the chances of survival for premature infants with respiratory distress syndrome (RDS) who weigh 1250 grams or more. Details of the study; Originally published in volume 325 issue 24 of...
- Born too soon. Clark, T. // Yankee;Dec88, Vol. 52 Issue 12, p62
Discusses the intensive care at the Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center in Hanover, New Hampshire, where premature infants are brought for medical treatment right after birth. Recounts the premature birth of Jessica Johnson who was treated there and is now twelve; The work done there.
- Reactions of participants to the results of a randomised controlled trial: Exporatory study. Snowdon, Claire; Garcia, Jo; Elbourne, Diana // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);07/04/98, Vol. 317 Issue 7150, p21
Evaluates the views of parents of infants who took part in a neonatal trial in Great Britain. Suggestion on the importance of the feedback of trial results to participants; What the trial involved; Strategies used to present the feedback to the participants. INSETS: Communication of results to...