Developing an Educational Consortium: The Portland Experience
- AACN Update. // RN;Aug2002, Vol. 65 Issue 8, p24ac1
Reports developments in the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN). Accessibility of personal digital assistant (PDA) software and hardware; Proposal on the incorporation of the AACN PDA Center to PowerPoint tutorials; Development of the electronic versions of pocket reference...
- RN's AACN Update. // RN;Jan2000, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p24ac2
Presents news and position statements from the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses. Risk-taking associated with truth-telling; Pain perceptions and responses in critically ill patients; Commonly performed clinical procedures; Femoral sheath removal, turning and tracheal suctioning as...
- RN'S AACN Update. Williams, Michael L. // RN;Feb2002, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p24ac4
Reports on developments related to the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN). Scholarship deadline of AACN; Difference between category A and O CERP.
- AACN offers orientation for novice nurses. // RN;Oct2002, Vol. 65 Issue 10, following p24
Reports on the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses' (AACN) launch of an Internet-based educational program designed to provide a strong foundation in the fundamentals of critical care nursing to novice nurses. Features of the program; Availability of the program for institutional purchase.
- AACN Synergy Model for Patient Care: A Framework to Optimize Outcomes. Kaplow, Roberta // Critical Care Nurse;Feb2003 Supplement, Vol. 23, p27
Provides an overview of the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses Synergy Model for Patient Care which is aimed at optimizing positive outcomes for patients. Definition of synergy in the context of medical care; Link between patient outcomes and health care practice; Significance of the...
- RN's AACN update. // RN;Nov99, Vol. 62 Issue 11, p24ac2
Focuses on position statements and news related to the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN). Statement from AACN President Anne G. Wojner; Structure of the Critical Care Registered Nurse examination; Standards for critical care nursing practice released by AACN.
- The NTI heads for Orlando. // RN;Mar2000, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p24ac5
Announces that the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses' National Teaching Institute and Critical Care Exposition will be held on May 20-25, 2000 in Orlando, Florida. Contact hours of continuing education credit; Actor Robert Urich as keynote speaker.
- OBITUARY: Maureen Caroline Hood. // Lamp;2011, Vol. 68 Issue 11, p37
The article presents an obituary for former registered nurse Maureen Caroline Hood.
- Practice resources available for your PDA. // RN;Oct2002, Vol. 65 Issue 10, following p24
Focuses on resources and educational tutorials from the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses' (AACN) Web site that are available for personal digital assistants. Tips on choosing a PDA for nursing practice; Clinical nursing software programs; Practice examinations.