Anthrax as a Biological Weapon: An Old Disease That Poses a New Threat
- Modeling the Potential Distribution of Bacillus anthracis under Multiple Climate Change Scenarios for Kazakhstan. Joyner, Timothy Andrew; Lukhnova, Larissa; Pazilov, Yerlan; Temiralyeva, Gulnara; Hugh-Jones, Martin E.; Aikimbayev, Alim; Blackburn, Jason K. // PLoS ONE;2010, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p1
Anthrax, caused by the bacterium Bacillus anthracis, is a zoonotic disease that persists throughout much of the world in livestock, wildlife, and secondarily infects humans. This is true across much of Central Asia, and particularly the Steppe region, including Kazakhstan. This study employed...
- ...and from your cat, too. // Patient Care;5/15/1994, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p158
Highlights the study `Rochalimaea henselae infection: A new zoonosis with the domestic cat as reservoir,' by JE Koehler and others from the 1994 issue of the `Journal of the American Medical Association.' Transmission of Rochalimaea henselae infection, with cats as vectors; Symptoms and...
- Anthrax threatens states. // State Government News;Nov/Dec2001, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p8
Reports on the threat of anthrax virus in several states in the United States as of November 2001. Discovery of anthrax at the office of New York Governor George Pataki in Manhattan; Information on the anthrax that is found on a pornographic picture in Reno, Nevada; Recommendations by the...
- Anthrax in 19th Century Australia. McCarthy, Gavan // Australasian Science;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p43
Reveals that few people are aware of the prominent and important role anthrax played in 19th century Australia, both in its effect on agricultural industries and also in the development of microbiology as a science in Australia. Different accounts as to when the first bacteriological diagnosis...
- What You Need to Know About Anthrax. Calfee, John E. // Consumers' Research Magazine;Nov2001, Vol. 84 Issue 11, p10
Presents information on anthrax. Etiology and transmission; Risk factors; Treatment and prevention. INSET: Which Antibiotics to Take?.
- More on Anthrax. Fleisher, Mitchell // American Journal of Homeopathic Medicine;Summer2003, Vol. 96 Issue 2, p101
Presents information on the anthrax bacterial disease. Signs and symptoms; Diagnosis; Internet resources.
- Selected Rubrics for Anthrax--from Complete Repertory (abridged). // American Journal of Homeopathic Medicine;Summer2003, Vol. 96 Issue 2, p103
Presents some rubrics for anthrax. Use of anthrax as a biological warfare; Alcoholic extract of the anthrax poison; Clinical manifestations.
- Anthrax, Botulism and Tularemia in Italy. Serraino, D.; Puro, V.; Bidoli, E.; Piselli, P.; Girardi, E.; Ippolito, G. // Infection;
A letter to the editor is presented commenting on the threat of anthrax, botulism and tularemia in Italy.
- ANTHRAX: IS THE PREVENTION WORSE THAN THE DISEASE? Neubauer, Jay C. // Flying Safety;Jun2000, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p4
Focuses on the disease anthrax. Background of the disease; How it can be contacted to man; Information on the human vaccine against anthrax; Other options for protecting against an anthrax attack.