RH, PPI, Norton Score Multiple Finalists, While past NBA Darling FS&G Is Shut Out Of Shortlists
- National Book Awards, 1950-2007. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2009, p178
An encyclopedia entry for the "National Book Awards" is presented. The National Book Awards are being administered by the National Book Foundation and have been annually given since 1950. The prizes are given to U.S. citizens for their works published in the U.S. Each National Book Awards is...
- Random leads 1997 NBA finalists. // Publishers Weekly;10/20/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 43, p12
Identifies the 20 finalists chosen for the 1997 National Book Awards (NBA). National Book Foundation's award of the Medal for Distinguished Contribution to American Letters to Studs Terkel; Announcement of winners of the National Book Awards at a dinner in New York City on November 18, 1997;...
- National Book Award Finalists Announced. Andrian, Lynn // Publishers Weekly;10/19/2009, Vol. 256 Issue 42, p10
The article announces the finalists for the 2009 National Book Awards of the National Book Foundation. Among the finalists include Bonnie Jo Campbell with "American Salvage, Jayne Anne Phillips with "Lark and Termite," and Sean B. Carroll with "Remarkable Creatures: Epic Adventures in the Search...
- A Tribute to Adrienne Rich. Bialosky, Jill // Publishers Weekly;4/9/2012, Vol. 259 Issue 15, p11
A tribute to the poet Adrienne Rich is presented. The article describes Rich's voluminous and lengthy writing career, including how she published with W.W. Norton & Company since 1966. The contributions Rich made to discussions on gender, class, race, and politics through poetry, as well as her...
- NBA deadlines set. // Publishers Weekly;6/6/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 23, p19
Announces the deadline set by the National Book Foundation for the National Book Awards entries. Eligible books; Schedule and venue for the awards dinner; Contact information.
- New award inaugurated by National Book Foundation. // Reading Today;Jun/Jul96, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p34
Reports that the National Book Foundation will presents the National Book Award for Young People's Literature at the 1996 46th annual National Book Awards.
- The more, the merrier! Gerhardt, Lillian N. // School Library Journal;Jul96, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p4
Editorial. Comments on the addition of the National Book Award for Young People's Literature to the annual National Book Awards. National Book Foundation's takeover of the program from the Association of American Publishers; Expansion and reinvigoration of the National Book Awards; Recognition...
- NBF goes Online; call for '98 entries. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;6/29/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 26, p15
Announces that the National Book Foundation (NBF) has formed a partnership with BookWire. Plans to launch a site to promote the National Book Awards and the NBFs literary and community outreach programs; The NBF sponsorship of the National Book Awards; Features the site will offer; Contact...
- New trustees for NBA board; call for entries. // Publishers Weekly;6/12/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 24, p16
Announces the election of three new trustees to the board of directors of the National Book Foundation, sponsor of the National Book Awards. Call for entries to the 1995 awards.