Arkansas High Court Starts Hearing School Funding Case Appeal
- Session in Doubt. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/30/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31730, p51
Reports on the doubtful plan of governor Mike Huckabee to call for a special session on education finance despite an order from the Arkansas Supreme Court for a school funding plan. Demand of the court for an equitable and adequate school finance law; Requirements in the school finance reform;...
- Arkansas Court Declines to Rehear School Finance Ruling. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/23/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31538, p3
Reports on the rejection of an appeal by the Arkansas Supreme Court of state attorney general Mark Pryor to reevaluate its decision on the school finance system. Details of the ruling given by the court; Consequences of possible tax rise enforcement under the amendment; Concerns of attorney...
- ARKANSAS: Pulaski Faces Big Payback. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;1/26/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33255, p9
The article focuses on the statement from the Arkansas Supreme Court that it would not consider its ruling to overturn the levy, thus leading the Pulaski County to develop a process to return taxpayers a year's worth of revenue from a property tax hike which improperly approved.
- ARKANSAS. // Property Tax Alert;Jun2010, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p6
The article reports on the ruling by the Arkansas Supreme Court which affirms that a proper election is not impaired by misinformation spread by supporters of a proposed tax increase.
- ARKANSAS: Keep Excess School Funds. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;12/4/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33823, p5
The article informs that according to the ruling of Arkansas Supreme Court, school districts that can create property tax revenues above the state's basic per-student stipend do not have to share the excess collections with poorer districts.
- Arkansas Supreme Court Strikes Down Ban On Gay Adoptions. // Tennessee Tribune;4/21/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p8B
The article reports on the decision of the Arkansas Supreme Court to void a law that bans gay adoption ban in the state.
- Blueford v. Arkansas (10-1320). // Federal Lawyer;May2012, Vol. 59 Issue 4, p70
The article discusses Arkansas Supreme Court case Blueford v. Arkansas (10-1320), wherein a motion of defendant Alex Blueford to prevent retrial on the capital and first-degree murder charges, was denied by the Court.
- Ark. court strikes down law barring gay adoptions. // Between the Lines (10807551);4/14/2011, Issue 1915, p17
The article reports on the decision of the Arkansas Supreme Court to reject a voter-approved initiative barring gay couples and other cohabitating couples from adoptions in Little Rock, Arkansas.
- CONSTITUTIONAL LAW -- IT WASN'T ME! ZINGER V. STATE AND ARKANSAS'S UNCONSTITUTIONAL APPROACH TO THIRD-PARTY EXCULPATORY EVIDENCE. Reynold, Bourgon B. // University of Arkansas at Little Rock Law Review;Fall2011, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p191
The article discusses the inconsistent application of the laws regarding third-party exculpatory evidence in criminal proceedings in Arkansas in light of the Arkansas Supreme Court's decision in the Zinger v. State case. Several evidentiary tests are examined, including the relevancy test which...