Oklahoma Garvee Program Suffers Another Blow as Funding Falls
- Proposal would pump millions into roads. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;12/16/96, Vol. 14 Issue 51, p5
Reports on the proposed bill of the House Transportation Committee which would stop state agencies from raiding the transportation fund for funds to cover administrative costs. Bill's translation into additional highway infrastructure funds for various counties in Michigan; Estimated funds...
- Toll roads could be just what we need. Marcus, Morton // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/8/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 39, p13
Discusses the need for toll roads in Indiana in order to raise funds for the Indiana Department of Revenue. Suggestion of politician Mitch Daniels that the Interstate 69 highway be made a toll road; Discomfort of Indiana natives with the concept of toll roads; Need for the extension of the...
- Poll shows national support for increased highway investments. // Pit & Quarry;Nov2003, Vol. 96 Issue 5, p47
Discusses the support of voters to provide funds for the repair of outdated roads in the U.S. Proposal of the bipartisan leadership; Allocation of financing level.
- HIGHWAY SPENDING REBOUNDING. // American City & County;Mar2014, Vol. 129 Issue 3, p12
The article presents information on the top 25 metro areas with the highest budgets for highway projects in the U.S. in 2013, according to Govalytics, which include Dallas, Texas, Phoenix, Arizona and Hialeah, Florida.
- State approves funding for I-86 construction for 5 years. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;04/10/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p12
Cites the agreement reached on the New York State budget which will provide the funding needed to complete the designation of Interstate 86 by 2005. Congressman Maurice Hinchey's leadership of efforts to lobby lawmakers to use federal highway funds to complete the project; Development of the...
- City speeds up efforts to improve road conditions. MILLER, JAY // Crain's Cleveland Business;7/27/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 30, p8
The article reports on the increase in the 2015 budget for road improvements in Cleveland, Ohio, along with the implementation of a new strategy for prioritizing its road work.
- NW road expansion. // International Construction;Mar2007, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p7
The article announces the expansion of the highways in Northwest China. Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region's Department of Communications announced that it will invest $1.29 billion to build the highways. It will cover 31 projects, 10 will be opened to traffic by the end of 2007. About $988...
- WASHINGTON WIRE. // Pit & Quarry;Sep2002, Vol. 95 Issue 3, p4
Reports that the U.S. Senate Appropriations Committe has approved proposed highway funds for fiscal year 2002.
- Senate appropriations committee moves to fully restore highway funding. // Pit & Quarry;Sep2002, Vol. 95 Issue 3, p34
Reports that the U.S. Senate Appropriations Committee has approved the highway funds for fiscal year 2003. Approval of a similar legislation by the committee's counterpart in the U.S. House of Representatives.