Texas Comptroller Aspirants Differ on Shortfall
- A Warehouse Location Model Helps Texas Comptroller Select Out-of-State Audit Offices. Fitzsimmons, James A.; Allen, Lou Austin // Interfaces;Oct83, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p40
This article reports that the Comptroller of Public Accounts, an elected official, is the principal tax collector of the State of Texas. The agency headed by the comptroller administers and collects 24 separate state taxes with the majority of revenues coming from sales, corporate franchise, and...
- Hill County Appraisal district earns perfect score. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);3/5/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p7
The article reports that the Hill County Appraisal District (HCAD) received a perfect score of 100 in the comprehensive review performed by the Property Tax Division (PTD) of the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts in 2013.
- Texas Comptroller Susan Combs Recognizes Local Governments for Financial Transparency. // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);2/3/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p6
The article reports that Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts Susan Combs has introduced the Leadership Circle program of the agency, which aims to recognize local governments in Texas that are determined to achieve a high standard for online financial transparency.
- 'Report cards' for Appraisal Districts. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);8/7/2014, Vol. 25 Issue 32, p5
The article discusses the functions of appraisal districts in Texas and the role of the Property Tax Assistance Division of the Texas State Comptroller in auditing appraisal values and district operations of appraisal districts.
- East Bernard sales tax revenue up. // East Bernard Express (TX);6/21/2012, Vol. 69 Issue 25, p1
The article informs that according to the Comptroller of Public Accounts of Texas the collection of sale tax has increased in the cities of Texas including Wharton, East Bernard and El Campo.
- Area's sales tax a mixed bag. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);1/18/2012, Vol. 140 Issue 3, p8B
The article reports on the sales tax allocations released by Texas Comptroller of Public Account's office for all counties in Texas.
- Texas 100 reflection of state economy. Auer, Tonie // Fort Worth Business Press;08/11/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 16, p21
Announces a revision for the Texas 100 index, a measure of the local economy created by the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts, effective January 2000. Basis for the revision; Significance of the index for local businesses; Goal of the index; Indicators considered in the index.
- STATE UPDATES. // Sales & Use Tax Alert;2/1/2012, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p6
The article offers updates on sales and use tax in U.S. states as of February 2012. Submission of a payment that was returned for insufficient funds and failure to file a sales and use tax return in time in Florida are grounds to revoke the taxpayer's certification of registration. An assessment...
- Statistical Sampling--A Step Toward Smarter Government. Pfaffenberger, Roger; Christian, Adina // Journal of State Taxation;Mar/Apr2012, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p43
The article examines the recommendation of the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts to make the tax reporting and auditing process easier for taxpayer through the use of agency-approved sampling methods to request funds and calculate tax liabilities. It also notes that there are about 20 states...