N.Y.C. Projects Get More Time to Meet Clean-Air Standards
- WASHINGTON: Briefs. // Traffic World;8/16/99, Vol. 259 Issue 7, p14
Reports developments related to the transportation industry in the United States as of August 1999. Introduction of a legislation to create a stand-alone motor carrier administration; Provision of the Water Resources Development Act; Nomination of John Goglia to a second term on the National...
- Shape of things to come? Kahaner, Larry // Fleet Owner;Oct2000, Vol. 95 Issue 10, p9
Presents news update on the United States transportation industry as of October 2000. Scenarios for lawmakers to study when considering national size and weight legislation offered by a report from the Department of Transportation; Highlights of the careers of editorial staffers David Cullen...
- Recent developments in highways and public transportation Collins, Kathleen M.; Bower, Richard W.; Friedman, Sholem // Urban Lawyer;Fall1986, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p913
No abstract available.
- Reports of positive impact. Wilkins, William M. // Roads & Bridges;Nov2003, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p49
Discusses the efforts and plans of The Road Information Program (TRIP) for the reauthorization of the Transportation Equity Act for the 21st Century. Details of the grassroots reauthorization campaigns conducted by TRIP in South Dakota, Maine, and Alabama; Information on the work of TRIP with...
- Don't Short Today's Needs. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;3/25/2002, Vol. 248 Issue 11, p44
Examines the importance of transportation system in the U.S. Legislation for the transportation industry; Inclusion of the transportation design.
- Practitioners group reinvents itself. // Transportation & Distribution;Dec94, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p12
Reports on changes within the Association of Transportation Practitioners in an effort to focus on legal and policy issues that face the transportation and logistics industry. Association for Transportation, Law, Logistics and Policy (ATLLP) as the organization's new name; Comments from ATLLP...
- Legislators Attend CSG Transportation Policy Academy. // Capitol Ideas;Sep/Oct2013, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p43
The article informs that eleven state legislators of the U.S., many of them transportation committee chairs, attended the CSG Transportation Policy Academy held from July 18-20, 2013 in Portland, Oregon.
- Finally, government does a job right. Rankin, Ken // Discount Store News;9/5/94, Vol. 33 Issue 17, p12
Makes observations concerning the US government's approval of legislation deregulating intrastate trucking. Impact of legislation on discount chains; Passage of the Motor Carrier Act in 1980.
- Slicing the pipe. Wilner, Frank N. // Traffic World;05/11/98, Vol. 254 Issue 6, p18
Focuses on the optimism by senior House and Senate staff over the reauthorization of the Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act (ISTEA) legislation. Discussion on the ISTEA legislation; Estimation of state projects that could be delayed because of the debate over the ISTEA...