Radian Re Gets Hit With Downgrade
- Nov. Delinquencies Fall at Radian. // American Banker;12/14/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 191, p8
The article reports that mortgage insurance firm Radian Group Inc. experienced a drop in the number of delinquent loans in its portfolio during November 2010.
- Radian Unsure Where 4th Quarter Delinquencies Will Trend. Finkelstein, Brad // National Mortgage News;9/13/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 49, p8
The article presents a statement of Radian Group Inc. chief executive officer (CEO) S.A. Ibrahim regarding the company's delinquent loans standing for the fourth quarter.
- Clearer Signs of Shakeout In the Mortgage Business. Shenn, Jody; Bergquist, Erick // American Banker;1/5/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 2, p1
As 2003 wound down the U.S. mortgage industry suffered two more casualties. Radian Group Inc. last week announced plans to shut down its money-losing settlement-services unit. The Philadelphia mortgage insurer said the main reason was its failure to get regulatory approval for a product that...
- Radian Group Creates New MH, Home Equity Division. Finkelstein, Brad // National Mortgage News;10/09/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p11
Reports that Radian Group Inc. has created a subsidiary, Radian Insurance Inc., that will provide credit enhancements for mortgage loans in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Financial services to be offered by the subsidiary corporation; Advantages and benefits of Radian Group from creating a mortgage...
- Radian Warning on Intentional Defaults. // American Banker;3/11/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 47, p15
The article discusses a warning by mortgage insurer Radian Group Inc. that suggests homeowners may intentionally default on mortgage loans as a way of renegotiating loan terms through a loan modification program that would decrease interest rates. The company also suggested homeowners may...
- Delinquency Dip For Radian Loans. // American Banker;6/13/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 90, p8
The article reports that the number of nonperforming mortgage loans carrying mortgage insurance from the company Radian Group Inc. fell in May, 2011.
- Involving Others. Shenn, Jody; Bergquist, Erick; Quinn, Matthew // American Banker;7/28/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 144, p9
Discusses the efforts of Radian Group Inc. to try to win back mortgage insurance business lost to piggyback home equity loans. Description of SplitEdge, Radian's new product which is geared to a third party, such as a builder, paying for the insurance; How other mortgage insurers have developed...
- Radian launches program, partnership to keep borrowers in homes. // Mortgage Banking;May2008, Vol. 68 Issue 8, p14
The article reports that Radian Guaranty Inc., the primary mortgage insurance subsidiary of Radian Group Inc. in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, has released the Radian FastAdvance, a program which aims to offer quick, partial claims advances that permit residential mortgage servicers to assist...
- Radian's 'Smart Home' Targets Nonprime Market. // Mortgage Servicing News;Mar2005, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p10
This article reports that Radian Group Inc. has completed a structured finance transaction to help the company manage its risk from nonprime mortgage loans. The transaction involved Smart Home Reinsurance 2005-1 Ltd., a company that was created and funded through the sale of $98.5 million of...