Munis' New Admirers
- Looking for the Next Big Thing? Check Out a Muni Hedge Fund. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;2/26/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31581, p1
Reports on collaboration between BlackRock Inc. and Merrill Lynch & Co. to start a municipal bond hedge fund entitled ML BlackRock Municipal Multi-Strategy Fund. Corporate profile of the companies; Benefits of the hedge funds for investors; Date of launching for the hedge funds.
- The CDO revolution continues as market awaits issue backed by hedge fund debt. O'Leary, Christopher // Asset Securitization Report;3/5/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 9, p10
Focuses on the use of hedge fund debt and municipal bonds to back collateralized debt obligations (CDO). Launch of unrated junior notes by Ferrell Capital Management; Investment of funds in commodity and currency arbitrage; Problems with ratings transfers.
- Fiebach Leaves Susquehanna to Jump on Start-Up Bandwagon. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;12/6/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31527, p6
Reports on the business strategies of opening the municipal bond hedge funds in the U.S. Business plans of investors in starting hedge fund business; Advantages of hedge funds; Details of investors dealing in hedge funds.
- Hedge funds linked to shrink in spreads. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;09/29/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30488, p39
Reports that the widespread selling of fixed-income products by hedge funds facing margin calls has been largely responsible for the shrinking spreads between municipals and Treasury securities during the summer of 1998. Spillover effect of hedge funds' troubles on tax-exempts; Inordinate...
- NOW ON PIONLINE.COM/FEATURES. // Pensions & Investments;8/10/2015, Vol. 43 Issue 16, p0001
The article presents an online recap on various topics from www.pionline.com including one on the planned acquisition of U.S. municipal bonds by Japanese investors, one on hedge funds, and one on retirement income management.
- Aggressive Buyers Ready to Devour P.R. GOs. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;3/10/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34072, p1
The article focuses on a deal worth three billion dollars which highlights 11 billion dollars increase in issuance of the municipal bonds of Puerto Rico, as of March 2013. Topics discussed include hedge funds, Puerto Rico's first sale of general obligation bonds and views of Anthony Valeri,...
- High-Yield Expert: Hedge Fund Managers Looking for Munis. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;10/31/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31752, p6
Reports on Axios Advisors LLC president Triet Nguyen's observation that hedge fund managers are starting to show increased interest in municipal bonds as a result of poor credit pricing in the market. Emergence of hedge funds as major buyers of tax-exempt special-facility airline revenue bonds...
- Muni Watchers View Hedge Fund Presence, Liquidity Favorably. Ramage, James // Bond Buyer;11/14/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 34012, p1
The article informs that investors in municipal bonds are confirmed that hedge funds have increased their bets in distressed state and local government debt in the U.S. It further states that presence added liquidity when traditional providers widens the base of tax-exempt investors. It further...
- MSRB: Muni Trading Up 14%, Puerto Rico Bonds Among Most Traded. Casey, Jack // Bond Buyer;8/6/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34356, p1
Trading activity in the municipal market for the second quarter of this year was 14% higher than the previous quarter as well as the second quarter last year, with several Puerto Rico bonds among the most traded, according to the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board.