GE Capital Railcar expands in Europe
- GE Equipment Services acquires Terion's business. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Feb2007, Vol. 164 Issue 2, p32
The article reports on the acquisition of the trailer-tracking business of Terion by GE Equipment Services in the U.S. GE plans to integrate its Asset Intelligence division with Terion's business. Deborah Reif, president and chief executive officer (CEO) of GE Equipment Services, emphasizes the...
- Supply Briefs. // Railway Age;Dec2006, Vol. 207 Issue 12, p10
The article offers updates on the rail industry in the U.S. GE Equipment Services-Rail Services is acquiring the assets of Allrail Services, a railcar maintenance provider based in Deer Park, Texas. The EnerSys Cleveland Charger Plant has celebrated 100 years of manufacturing battery chargers,...
- Rail-merger mania: Opportunity or threat? Harrington, Lisa H. // Industry Week/IW;01/20/97, Vol. 246 Issue 2, p86
Reports on the merger trend among railroad companies in the United States in the 1990s. Ambivalence of towards the trends impact on the industry's competitiveness; Factors prompting railway firms to merge; Motivation for merging caused by overlapping route systems.
- A break from merger mania. Ellis, Ed // Trains;Dec2000, Vol. 60 Issue 12, p16
Examines the merger trend among railroad operators in the United States. Role of the Surface Transportation Board in the merger process; Market status of rail stocks; Capital investments in the industry.
- CN, IC Get Closer. Gallagher, John // Traffic World;3/15/99, Vol. 257 Issue 11, p41
Reports developments related to the planned merger between Canadian National and Illinois Central railroad companies. Release of the environmental assessment from the Surface Transportation Board; Implications of the hazardous materials mitigation for the merger; Contention on communities...
- Too few railroads. Mierzejewski, Alfred C. // Trains;Nov99, Vol. 59 Issue 11, p84
Comments on the merger activities among United States railroad companies. Advantages of having fewer, larger railroads; Why large companies differentiate products by quality and reliability; View of Adam Smith, theorist of free enterprise.
- 100 YEARS AGO IN THE RAILWAY AGE. // Railway Age;Jan2001, Vol. 202 Issue 1, p65
Focuses on the consolidation among the United States' railroad companies in January 1901. Information on what prompted the railroad companies to consolidate; Acquisition of Central Railroad of New Jersey; Impact of the consolidation to the cost of transportation.
- Car Shop Listings. // Railway Age;Jul2004, Vol. 205 Issue 7, pG17
Presents contact information on railroad companies in the U.S. GE Capital Rail Services in Arkansas; Sperry Rail Service in Connecticut; Red River Valley & Western Railroad in Minnesota.
- Railway market. // Railway Age;Aug97, Vol. 198 Issue 8, p8
Presents news about several railroad companies. Delivery of the BethGon kits from Johnstown America to Conrail in Pennsylvania; Order placed by GE Capital Railcar Services to Thrall Car; Contract awarded by Maryland Mass Transit Administration to Bombardier/ GEC Alsthom; More.