Consumers' Perceptions of the Ethics and Acceptability of Product Placements in Movies: Product Category and Individual Differences
- Life Is Suite for Studio Product Placement Execs. McDonald, Kathy A. // Variety;10/6/2003 Supplement, Vol. 392 Issue 8, p21
Reports on the efforts of brand marketers to use the motion picture industry as a medium to advertise and place their products. Benefits of big screen advertising to product sales, according to marketing consultant Laurie Ziegler; Efforts of brand representatives in courting studio executives;...
- Is There No Escape? Story, Louise // New York Times Upfront;4/2/2007, Vol. 139 Issue 12, p6
No abstract available.
- Hollywood's star rising for marketers. Fitzgerald, Kate; Jensen, Jeff // Advertising Age;8/8/94, Vol. 65 Issue 33, p3
Reports on efforts by marketers of fast-food, soft drinks, package goods and toys to gain tie-ins to family-targeted films. Box-office total for 1994 in the United States; Films for the holidays; Tying-in to films due for summer of 1995; Tie-ins to the films `The Lion King,' `The Flintstones,'...
- The time is right for placement. // Marketing (00253650);2/9/2011, p25
In this article the author discusses the reasons why product placement is a significant tool in the marketing sector.
- BRAND MESSAGE NEEDS TO FIGHT FOR VIEWER ATTENTION. BURNS, GRÁINNE // Checkout;May2011, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p75
The article focuses on the importance of product placement for brands to achieve exposure in the Irish market.
- As seen on TV. Abu-Shalback Zid, Linda // Marketing Management;May/Jun2005, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p6
This article focuses on a study from PQ Media which found that paid product placements on TV and at the movies rose in 2004. Paid product placements in such media jumped 44% to $1 billion in 2004, with TV placement spending growing a whopping 84% to $552 million compared with the 12% in film...
- Integrating the Brand. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;3/31/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p17
Reports on the importance of product placement advertising in television and film in the U.S. according to Roy Salter, co-founder of the company Brand Advisors LLC. Services offered by Brand Advisors; Financial and statistical methodology applied by Salter in product placement; Factors to be...
- The Product Placement Frontier: Now Welcoming DRTV Settlers. Simms, Eileen // Response;Mar2003, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p46
Focuses on product placement as a tool for expanding the marketing reach of direct response television (DRTV) companies in the U.S. Examples of product placement deals in the movie and television industries. INSET: 'Smoke Away' Infomercial Tests Successfully.
- Product Dis-placement. Gloede, Bill // MediaWeek;10/17/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 37, p20
This article comments on the use product placement strategies in marketing. Sophisticated marketers have rediscovered product placement in a big way. To their way of thinking, traditional advertising has lost its effectiveness because of cost, commercial clutter and a large-scale abandonment of...