Consumers' Perceptions of the Ethics and Acceptability of Product Placements in Movies: Product Category and Individual Differences
- Life Is Suite for Studio Product Placement Execs. McDonald, Kathy A. // Variety;10/6/2003 Supplement, Vol. 392 Issue 8, p21
Reports on the efforts of brand marketers to use the motion picture industry as a medium to advertise and place their products. Benefits of big screen advertising to product sales, according to marketing consultant Laurie Ziegler; Efforts of brand representatives in courting studio executives;...
- Is There No Escape? Story, Louise // New York Times Upfront;4/2/2007, Vol. 139 Issue 12, p6
The article focuses on the placement of advertisements in almost all available spaces as part of advertisers' efforts to gain consumers' attention. It states that the phenomenon called advertisement creep is the result of the marketers' desire to have their products seen by consumers everywhere....
- Hollywood's star rising for marketers. Fitzgerald, Kate; Jensen, Jeff // Advertising Age;8/8/1994, Vol. 65 Issue 33, p3
Reports on efforts by marketers of fast-food, soft drinks, package goods and toys to gain tie-ins to family-targeted films. Box-office total for 1994 in the United States; Films for the holidays; Tying-in to films due for summer of 1995; Tie-ins to the films `The Lion King,' `The Flintstones,'...
- Vine days in adland. Shoebridge, Neil // BRW;6/19/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 23, p63
Comments on the growth of product placement in Australia and overseas. Efforts of companies to have their products placed in movies, television programs, music clips, online games and songs; Factors contributing to the rise in product placement; Difference between branded entertainment and the...
- The time is right for placement. // Marketing (00253650);2/9/2011, p25
In this article the author discusses the reasons why product placement is a significant tool in the marketing sector.
- BRAND MESSAGE NEEDS TO FIGHT FOR VIEWER ATTENTION. BURNS, GRÁINNE // Checkout;May2011, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p75
The article focuses on the importance of product placement for brands to achieve exposure in the Irish market.
- As seen on TV. Abu-Shalback Zid, Linda // Marketing Management;May/Jun2005, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p6
This article focuses on a study from PQ Media which found that paid product placements on TV and at the movies rose in 2004. Paid product placements in such media jumped 44% to $1 billion in 2004, with TV placement spending growing a whopping 84% to $552 million compared with the 12% in film...
- Integrating the Brand. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;3/31/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p17
Reports on the importance of product placement advertising in television and film in the U.S. according to Roy Salter, co-founder of the company Brand Advisors LLC. Services offered by Brand Advisors; Financial and statistical methodology applied by Salter in product placement; Factors to be...
- The Product Placement Frontier: Now Welcoming DRTV Settlers. Simms, Eileen // Response;Mar2003, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p46
Focuses on product placement as a tool for expanding the marketing reach of direct response television (DRTV) companies in the U.S. Examples of product placement deals in the movie and television industries. INSET: 'Smoke Away' Infomercial Tests Successfully.