Yes, It Was a Very Bad Year. But Now
- Regional business. // Wenatchee Business Journal;Sep96, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p64
Reports on economic conditions in Washington State as of September 1996. Includes Sunshine Cleaners' relocation from Chelan to Manson; Marson and Marson Lumber's expansion of its operations; Closure of the Original Gallery Gifts and Fabrics.
- Regional business. // Wenatchee Business Journal;Aug96, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p52
Reports on developments related to economic conditions in Washington state as of August 1996. Includes opening of a driving range in Cashmere; Quincy-based Farmer Bean's expansion of its facility; Construction of Mountain Meadows senior housing complex in Leavenworth.
- Jobless claims off 5,000 to 314,000. Koning, Rachel // Bond Buyer;04/23/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30626, p2
Reports that the number of initial claims for state unemployment benefits has dropped 5,000 for the week ending April 17, 1999 in Washington.
- Poll: Spokane is less confident in economy. Lind, Treva // Journal of Business (10756124);12/15/2011, Vol. 26 Issue 26, pA3
The article reports on the result of a business confidence survey which shows that business owners from Spokane, Washington are less optimistic in the economy than their counterparts from Bellevue and Wenatchee, Washington.
- State must offer business more than a coffee mug. Morris, Scott // Journal of Business (10756124);9/26/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 20, pA4
Discusses the economic conditions in Washington. Nature of tax distribution; Assessment of the business climate; Establishment of councils to address economic problems.
- 1995--a year when you can be a horse trader. Urdahl, Sara // Wenatchee Business Journal;Jan95, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p10
Opinion. Forecasts the economic conditions of Washington State. Development of the downtown area; Protection of private property rights; Economic development of counties in Washington State.
- Treasury 4-Weeks Go at 0.920% High. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;11/19/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31765, p2
Focuses on the financial performance of the Washington Treasury Dept.
- Washington restaurateurs see good and bad side of expansion, face mounting pressures at home. Tice; Liddle, Carol // Nation's Restaurant News;10/25/99, Vol. 33 Issue 43, p45
Focuses on the challenges of restaurant business expansion in Washington. Impact of competitors, shortage of workers and rise of minimum wage on restaurant expansion; Poor performance and difficulties in managing remote branches as reasons for franchise closure; Increase in statewide gross...
- The power of one-speak to the PUD. Woods, Dick // Wenatchee Business Journal;Feb2001, Vol. 15 Issue 2, pA22
Discusses the possible economic impact of the plan to require a minimum flow in the gorge above the Chelan Dam in Chelan County, Washington. Effect of the plan on the economy of Chelan and North Central Washington; Possible decline in the value of property in the area resulting to lower taxes...