Road Warriors Speed Projects to Fight Slowdown
- Hanging tough. Lawton, Millicent // Education Week;2/9/94, Vol. 13 Issue 20, p26
Reports on Perrydale, Oregons's economic condition. Annual budget; Predicted bankruptcy by the 1995-1996 school year; Community's pride in conservative fiscal practices; Decline in revenue; Description of education offered at Perrydale; Disadvantages of Perrydale small school.
- Economics and those pesky lottery dollars. Dimond, Kathy // Oregon Business Magazine;May95, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p6
Focuses on the influence of previous economic development efforts on the economy of Oregon. Statement of economist William Conerly backing the need to return economic development funds to taxpayers; Conerly's contention on the role of market force s in providing job training without public...
- Growing up. // Oregon Business Magazine;May95, Vol. 18 Issue 5, East Metro p3
Presents an overview of the economic conditions in the East Metro region of Oregon. Number of jobs expected to be created by the Columbia Corridor; Factors affecting the improvements in the vacancy rates; Land-use plans by communities; Household i ncomes in 1989.
- Oregon index. Baker, Dean // Oregon Business Magazine;Sep97, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p99
Provides information on the economy of Oregon. Total employment and unemployment of the country for the month of June and July, 1997; Information on transportation and farming of the country; Real estate prices for June and July; Detailed information on the other indicators; Growth of...
- Tracking Oregon's Big Players. Mitchell, John // Oregon Business Magazine;Oct2003, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p28
Looks at economic trends in Oregon. Rapid employment, income and revenue growth in the state; Important elements in the base of rural communities; Factors affecting the growth of the technology sector; Growth sectors in tourism and recreation.
- Oregon rocks. Floren, Gillian // Oregon Business Magazine;Nov2001, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p6
Focuses on the performance of the economy of Oregon. Paleo Project in the town of Fossil; Paleontological ventures.
- CONFIDENCE IN THE ECONOMY PLUMMETS. // Oregon Business Magazine;Feb2008, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p7
The article presents statistics on the status of economy in Oregon from May 2004 to November 2007.
- Development of Oregon. // Inc.;Jun84, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p112
Oregonians wanted jobs, and they began wondering if it wasn't time to combine quality of life with economic development. They did not want to be another Silicon Valley, but maybe they could be another North Carolina. Lately, it has become one of the hottest places around to start a company.
- Priming the pump. // Oregon Business Magazine;Mar94, Vol. 17 Issue 3, Following p65
Reports on the economic conditions in Oregon's northwest region. Counties covered by the region; Diversification; Plastics; Apples; Fishing industry; Tourism.