No Cuts or Layoffs, and the Tourists Are Back
- Western workers uneasy over economy. // Las Vegas Business Press;1/7/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p9
Forecasts of the 2002 economic condition of Nevada. Expectation on the instability of the economy; Refusal of employees to make job resolution due to the negative effect of job cuts; Questionability of the economy.
- Nevada joins international tourism effort. Kolk, Kristina // Las Vegas Business Press;4/22/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 16, p12
Reports the participation of the Nevada Commission on Tourism in the tourism building efforts of the U.S. Commerce Department. Intention of increasing visitors to the state; Rank of Nevada in the nation for domestic and international travelers.
- Nevada needs to seize the day. // Las Vegas Business Press;12/2/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 48, p4
Editorial. Comments on the need for economic planning in Nevada. Tax increases to solve budget deficit; Security measures in response to the threat of terrorist attacks; Strategic approach to technology recruitment.
- Development officals brace for new taxes. Miller, Valerie // Las Vegas Business Press;2/3/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the diversification of the economy through taxes in Nevada. Proposal to increase per-employee business licence tax; Controversies in the quarter-percent gross receipts tax on businesses; Inclusion of a quarter-percent increase in gaming tax.
- Job growth. // Las Vegas Business Press;05/19/97, Vol. 14 Issue 20, ICSC Retail Report p4
No abstract available.
- Nevada unemployment rate is up slightly. // Las Vegas Business Press;08/04/97, Vol. 14 Issue 31, p3
Discloses that Nevada's unemployment rate in June increased one-tenth of a percentage point to 4.5 percent. National rate of unemployment; Estimated unemployment rate in the Las Vegas metro area; Job growth.
- Las Vegas growth update. // Las Vegas Business Press;09/08/97, Vol. 14 Issue 36, p3
Presents developments concerning development economic growth in Las Vegas, Nevada as of September 8, 1997. Includes ranking of the Clark County metro area in technology employment among the largest metro areas in the United States; Las Vegas, Nevada in the top rank in terms of metro area...
- Nevada leads country in timeshare sales. Ward, Ken // Las Vegas Business Press;09/08/97, Vol. 14 Issue 36, p18
Presents developments concerning development economics in Las Vegas, Nevada as of September 15, 1997. Includes Nevada's outpacing of other states in terms of timeshare market; Second quarter profits of Perini Corp.; Construction of master planned community Sun River Saint George.
- Car parts and lasers and movie, oh my. Jackson, Hugh // Las Vegas Business Press;06/15/98, Vol. 15 Issue 24, p7
Focuses on the economic diversification efforts of the Nevada Development Authority. Opportunity to attract motion picture and video products industry to the state; Advantages posed by location and transportation infrastructure.
- Darn pesky workers. Jackson, Hugh // Las Vegas Business Press;06/22/98, Vol. 15 Issue 25, p5
Opinion. Highlights skepticism on labor's renaissance at capital's expense in Nevada. Wage statistics; Consumer price index; Cost of living; Inflation rate in Las Vegas; Influences of a living wage.