Looking for Growth While Treading Water
- West Virginia: Ambassadors, exporters convene to bring more of state to the world. Wallace, Douglas // Business America;Jun98, Vol. 119 Issue 6, p25
Highlights proceedings of the 1998 West Virginia International Trade Partners Luncheon held in Washington, D.C. on May 20. Keynote speakers; Topics discussed; US Department of Commerce's efforts to develop strategies for increasing exports from rural areas.
- West Virginia's Growth Lagging Behind Rest of Nation. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;1/10/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31301, p29
Focuses on the economic conditions of West Virginia. Comparison of the growth of real gross state product with other states of the U.S.; Percentage increase in jobs between 1990 and 2000; Median household income in the state in 2000.
- Tech Connect Funding Could Lead To High-Paying Jobs. // State Journal (WV);10/28/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 42, p25
The article reports that funding from the U.S. Economic Development Administration could help Tech Connect of West Virginia in diversifying West Virginia's economic development by providing high wage jobs.
- W. Va.'s Goal: Turn $200M of Debt into $1B of Development. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;4/18/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31368, p28
Reports the establishment of the Economic Development Grant Committee in West Virginia. Revitalization of the economy; Combination of private investment capital with bonds proceeds; Discussion of operating procedures and rules for public hearings.
- Charleston, W.Va. Lester, Margot Carmichael // Architect;Aug2010, Vol. 99 Issue 8, p23
The article offers information on the status of Charleston, West Virginia, including its population and employment status, established universities, and market concerns.
- A West Virginia Boomlet. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;08/17/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30956, p1
Reports on the economic growth of West Virginia's Eastern Panhandle. Boosting of the state's overall economic outlook; Median household income levels.
- Inaction Causes the Mountain State to Fall Further Behind. HEATH, Richie // State Journal (WV);7/22/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 28, p29
The author reflects on the need for the government of West Virginia to be competitive with the other states.
- Applicants Swamp West Virginia Grant Committee. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;7/12/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31426, p4
Reports the increase in the number of individuals applying for funding requests to the Economic Development Grant Committee in West Virginia. Role of the Economic Development Grant Committee in revitalizing the state's economic conditions; Allocated budget for the grants; Plan of the panel to...
- Economic Gardening Can Make W.Va. Bloom. SHORAKA, A. John // State Journal (WV);8/26/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 33, p20
In this article, the author discusses the potential help of economic gardening programs in improving the economic condition of West Virginia.