A State Not Interested in Hunkering Down
- Trend. // Business North Carolina;Mar1997, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p7
Presents charts showing economic trends in North Carolina as of March 1, 1997. Employment rates; Constructions; Retail sales; Transportation; Customers' usage of electric utilities; Agricultural reports; Business failures; Hotel occupancy; Shipping tonnage.
- North Carolina trend. // Business North Carolina;Jul95, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p7
Presents the trends in employment, new construction, retail sales, transportation, electric utilities and others, in North Carolina. Include number of total employment; Civilian labor force; Duke Power Company; Carolina Power and Light; Farm products; Farm index; New incorporations.
- Recession blahs linger for N. Carolina banks. Cline, Kenneth // American Banker;8/17/1993, Vol. 158 Issue 157, p4
Reports on the lingering effect of the 1990-91 recession on banks in North Carolina. Surge in manufacturing employment; Sluggish recovery; Comment by Ted Matney, chairman and chief executive officer of Bankers Trust of North Carolina; Rise in business activity in the second quarter of 1993.
- Trend. // Business North Carolina;Sep98, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p7
Presents statistical information on employment, construction, retail sales, transportation, electric utilities in North Carolina, as reported in the September 1998 issue of `Business North Carolina.'
- Trend. // Business North Carolina;Jan1997, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p7
Presents charts and graphs related to the economy of North Carolina. Employment; New construction; Retail sales; Transportation; Electric utilities.
- North Carolina trend. // Business North Carolina;Sep94, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p6
Presents statistics on different aspects of North Carolina's economy for 1993 and 1994. Employment; New construction; Retail sales; Transportation; Electric Utilities; New car registrations; Other economic indicators.
- BALLOON PAYMENT. Martin, Edward // Business North Carolina;Jun2002, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p20
Focuses on the impact of CargoLifter's giant airships on the economy in North Carolina. Use of the air ships in disaster relief to remote areas; Cost of building the lighter-than-air transport; Expansion of the advertising-blimp production for the Airship Industries. INSET: Will they ever fly?.
- North Carolina trend. // Business North Carolina;Aug94, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p7
Presents statistics on North Carolina's economic condition for the month ended August 1994. Employment; Construction; Retail sales; Electric utilities; Transportation; Car registrations.
- Snapshot. // Business North Carolina;Aug94, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p68
Presents statistics on North Carolina's economic condition for the month ending August 1994. Brick production; Top manufacturers; Wage payments.
- North Carolina trend. // Business North Carolina;Sep93, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p6
Presents North Carolina business statistics for 1992 and 1993. Employment and unemployment; New construction; Retail sales; Transportation; Electrical utilities; Construction; Car registrations; Other indicators.