Moving Cautiously, Awaiting Sunnier Days
- Local economic development and growth management in Florida. Kolo, Jerry; Watson, Robert // Economic Development Review;Summer92, Vol. 10 Issue 3, Summer 1992 p68
Presents the results of a survey exploring the relationship between advocates of economic development and growth management in Florida. History and rationale of Florida's growth management; Community and economic development; Relation between community economic development and the Growth...
- Florida's not as hot in the 1990s. Edmondson, B. // American Demographics;Jan92, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p18
Discusses how Florida is in an economic slump and is depending on the already hard-hit Northeast to help it recover. Tourism and construction are key to Florida's growth; Hope for better times when recession is over; Senior citizen age group not increasing rapidly; Details.
- Psychological traits of rural entrepreneurs. Babb, Emerson M.; Babb, Stuart V. // Atlantic Economic Journal;Sep91, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p58
Focuses on the differences between rural and urban entrepreneurs using data from 926 low-tech, retail/service firms in rural North Florida. The psychological traits in identification of entrepreneurs; Explanation on the entrepreneurs subjective evaluations of firm performance.
- Florida: Cloudy days ahead? // World & I;Aug96, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p22
Focuses on Florida's economic conditions. Business incorporation; International trade; Social problems; Education; Immigration.
- Economic pluses and minuses. Seemuth, Mike // World & I;Aug96, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p24
Focuses on Florida's economic conditions. Factors affecting the state's economic conditions; Business incorporation; Employment; Health care; Economic incentives; International trade.
- Getting better all the time. Strobel, Frederick R. // Sarasota Magazine;Jan95, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p56
Presents economist Fred Strobel's 1995 forecast for the Sarasota-Bradenton area of Florida. Conclusion from 1994 economic data; Assessment of U.S. economy; Effects on Florida; Job growth in Sarasota-Bradenton area; Conditions for a steady economic growth in 1995.
- GENTING, WYNN, SANDS MAKE FLORIDA PITCH. // Casino Journal;Dec2011, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p8
The article reports on the impact of gaming on the economy of Florida.
- Bond-Heavy Bills to Fuel Florida Economy Near Passage. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/31/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31255, p40
Reports on the plans of government of Florida to issue bonds to boost education and transportation programs and stimulate the economy. Provisions of the economic stimulus package proposed by the governor of the state; Proposal to reduce budget spending for schools and health care.
- Common trends and cycles and the structure of Florida's... Parker, Edgar // Economic Review (07321813);1997 3rd Quarter, Vol. 82 Issue 3, p60
Studies the evolution of the relationships among Florida cities' labor markets. Cointegration analysis of the long run dynamics of Florida's labor market; Short run dynamics of Florida's labor market.