Cash Shortfalls Put Focus on 'Second-Hand' Debt
- Life in a state where jobs sprout like rows of corn. Tucker, Randy // Christian Science Monitor;7/2/97, Vol. 89 Issue 152, p1
Looks at economic conditions and unemployment in Nebraska as of July 2, 1997. Nebraska's 2.3 percent unemployment, the lowest in the nation; The strength of the economy; Growth in telemarketing and food and database processing companies; Pressure for wage increases; Workers in Nebraska able to...
- Nebraska farm income to drop in 2012. // Nebraska Farmer;Sep2012, Vol. 154 Issue 9, p125
The article provides an overview of the economic growth in Nebraska wherein state economic forecasters expect the state's farm income to decline in 2012.
- NEBRASKA ECONOMIC INDICATORS IN RELATION TO THE UNITED STATES BUSINESS CYCLE. Roesler, Thodore W.; Wykstra, Ronald A. // Nebraska Journal of Economics & Business;Spring64, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p13
No abstract available.
- A New Governor Mixes Optimism With Caution. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/21/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32094, Special section p44
Focuses on the views of new Nebraska Governor Dave Heineman on the state economy. Claim of Heineman that the state economy offers reasons for caution; Projected budget of the state for 2006; Detection of the growing economic strength of the state; Plan of the state to expand grant and loan...
- NC will take state checkoff idea on road. McCABE, DON // Nebraska Farmer;Jan2013, Vol. 155 Issue 1, p75
The article reports on the resolution of the Nebraska Beef Council on administering the current $1-per-head national beef checkoff in Nebraska which is supported by Nebraska Cattlemen in order to enhance beef promotion and education efforts.
- Climate change theories. Jochem, Dean // Nebraska Farmer;Jan2015, Vol. 157 Issue 1, p16
The author argues the ill-generated theories about climate change and its damaging effect on Nebraska's economy.
- A developing 'cultural war' in ag divides producers. McCabe, Don // Nebraska Farmer;Feb2011, p133
The article features the message of agriculture economist and agricultural policy lecturer Barry Flinchbaugh, during the Nebraska Cattlemen convention, regarding the present economic and political climate in Kearney, Nebraska.
- NEBRASKA. CAVANAGH, SEAN // Education Week;1/26/2011, Vol. 30 Issue 18, p19
The article discusses a speech made by Nebraska Governor Dave Heineman on January 13, 2011 about the creation of a virtual high school in the state, Nebraska's budget shortfall, and the preservation of education funding in light of state budget cuts.
- Nebraska may see a 'new normal' for ag. // Nebraska Farmer;Sep2013, Vol. 154 Issue 9, p125
The article reports an outlook on Nebraska's economy and job growth from 2011-2015 despite decreases in farm incomes.