No to Gos, But an Eye on Tobacco Bonds
- MISSOURI BUSINESS. Wood, Greg // Missouri Life;Feb2012, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p10
The article presents the author's insights about the uniqueness, self-sufficiency, and economic base of Missouri.
- Living free in `poor man's country.' Wickey, J.T. // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Jul/Aug92, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p22
Comments on life in the Ozarks of Southern Missouri where many people live on welfare. Author feels that support system is the way to self-destruction and prefers to be self-sufficient.
- Missouri law makers reach deal on TIFs. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;09/19/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30234, p3
Anticipates the Missouri Legislature's passage of a compromise economic development bill that would overhaul the state's tax-increment financing statutes. Compromise measures; Constitutional provision concerns.
- Mo. economic boom hikes auto uninsured. Maurice, Alex // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;12/14/98, Vol. 102 Issue 50, p8
Cites data from the Missouri Department of Insurance, which found a surge in the number of uninsured motor vehicles in the state as a result of the booming economy. Percentage increase in uninsured vehicles in the state from 1996 and 1997; Impact of the booming economy on unemployment and...
- Post missed important numbers. Jones, Terry // St. Louis Journalism Review;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 32 Issue 248, p12
Critiques reports made by the 'St. Louis Post-Dispatch' regarding the U.S. Census Bureau's economic data for Missouri published on May 29, 2002. Reports' emphasis on the extremes and the unusual, rather than means, the typical; Neglect of important numbers.
- Missouri. // Bond Buyer;02/14/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30828, p51S
Focuses on the economic conditions of Missouri. Impact consolidation and financial crisis on the health care sector on Missouri Health and Educational Facilities Authorities Authority; Data on total debt per capita; Comparison of employment growth between 1993 and 1998; Contributions of local...
- Gov. Nixon continues bi-partisan approach for improving economy. // Southern Illinois Labor Tribune;10/4/2012, Vol. 76 Issue 8, p1
The article presents the views of Jay Nixon, Governor of Missouri, on adopting bi-partisan approach to improve economic health of Missouri.
- Food Production Woven into Missouri's Fabric. // Missouri Life;Dec2011/Jan2012, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p114
The article reports that food production plays an important role in the economic system of Missouri, in which it makes them the leading state in livestock products, crop productions, and number of farms according to the 2007 Census of the Agriculture.
- Health care grows with county. // Wentzville Journal;5/15/2013, Vol. 51 Issue 20, pA8
The author discusses the benefits of the economic growth of St. Charles County in Missouri in previous years, particularly the increase in medical facilities and health care workers to serve the county's growing population.