Balance, Bonds Eyed Amid Closures and Layoffs
- Across state line, steel, casinos help drive growth. Marshall, Jon // Crain's Chicago Business;12/08/97, Vol. 20 Issue 49, pSB21
Focuses on the economic activity in Northwest Indiana. Prospects for 1998; Use of casinos and small businesses to boost economic growth; How Northwest Indiana perished during the 1970s, as a result of its steel mills; Importance of steel to Indiana's economy.
- Failing on the future. // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/30/94, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p6A
Editorial. Comments on Indiana's rating for long-term growth potential. State's improved economic performance; Uncertainty of Indiana's prospects for future growth; Factors contributing to low development capacity.
- Largest Indiana public companies. // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/07/99 Book of Lists 2000, Vol. 20 Issue 39, p96
Lists the largest public corporations in Indiana as of December 7, 1999. Includes names of companies; Types of business; Number of employees; Services and products offered; Contact information.
- Recovery is still in place. // Indiana Business Magazine;Jul93, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p6
Reports on Indiana's economic indicators for April 1993. Slower pace in the manufacturing industry; Rise in total employment; Increase in the state average and metropolitan statistical area's seasonally adjusted unemployment rates; Decrease in the state hourly workweek; Signals of positive...
- Economic development organizations. // Indiana Business Magazine;Aug93, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p126
Presents a directory of economic development organizations in Indiana. Address; Phone number; Executive director.
- Western Indiana update. Hayhurst, Susan // Indiana Business Magazine;Oct93, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p51
Reports on the economic outlook in Western Indiana. Retooling, retraining and refurbishing in Western Indiana's industries; Greene County example; Operations of General Electric Co.'s Motor Division; Visions of the Terre Haute's Alliance for Growth and Progress; Impact of Roadway Global Air;...
- Indiana's Public 100. Patton, Mark A. // Indiana Business Magazine;Jun2000, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p11
Reports on developments concerning the top 100 public companies in the state of Indiana. How the strength of the state's economy is shown through its public companies; Financial problems of Conseco; Strong performance of the state's health care industry; Companies suffering from negative...
- Indiana's economic report card: C. Barkey, Patrick M. // Indiana Business Magazine;Apr2003, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p4
Presents several graphs and chart depicting the economy in Indiana.
- Golf-Outing Tips. Held, Shari // Indiana Business Magazine;Apr2003, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p20
Presents tips for golf outings in Indiana. Changes in golf outings; Effects of the economy on golf outings; Decline in the number of participants in the outings.
- Boosting tourism through "geocaching". Weber, Becky // Indiana Business Magazine;Jun2003, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p56
Focuses on the popularity of geocaching in promoting tourism in Indiana. Recognition of tourism potential inherent in geocaching; Description of geocaching; Condition f the tourist trade in the state.