Diversity Keeps State in the Middle of the Pack
- Ripple effect of microloans spreads slowly, lenders say. Cleaver, Joanne // Crain's Chicago Business;09/29/97, Vol. 20 Issue 39, pSR4
Focuses on microloans in Chicago, Illinois. Impact of microloans; Reference to Shanta Nurullah, a storyteller who took out a microloan; Size of microloans; Overlooking of small businesses that take out microloans by economic development surveys. INSET: Micros at a glance..
- Springfield chorus warms up for yet another budget debate. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;02/23/98, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p3
No abstract available.
- Income growth can't hide disturbing poverty picture. Mohn, Sid // Crain's Chicago Business;8/19/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 33, p9
Focuses on increased poverty in Illinois. Impact of income growth among middle and upper class families on poverty; Estimates on the number of uninsured working people; Impetus to the crisis in suburban affordable housing.
- Poverty rate declines in state, Cook County. // Crain's Chicago Business;03/01/99, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p45
Reports on the decline of poverty in Cook County, Illinois and in the state between 1993 and 1995, according to the United States Census Bureau.
- Untitled. Mendez, Adolfo // Crain's Chicago Business;10/25/93, Vol. 16 Issue 43, p4
Presents statistics on the economic condition of Illinois. Salary survey in the manufacturing industry; Percentage of people who have obtained copies of the credit histories; Salaries of government officials.
- Remarks to the Englewood Community in Chicago, Illinois. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;11/15/99, Vol. 35 Issue 45, p2271
Presents the text of the remarks given by United States President Bill Clinton on November 5, 1999 which deals with the economic conditions of the Englewood Community in Chicago, Illinois.
- Illinois return on fed taxes improves. // Crain's Chicago Business;6/6/94, Vol. 17 Issue 23, p30
Announces the revenue collected by Illinois for every tax dollar it sent to the United States Treasury in 1993.
- Manufacturers' earnings support Illinois economy. Anderson, Veronica // Crain's Chicago Business;7/5/93, Vol. 16 Issue 27, Market Facts pF10
Presents statistical graphs and charts on Illinois' economy for 1992. Growth of gross domestic product; Increase in the number of manufacturing facilities; Forecast of industry earnings growth through 1994; Sluggish earnings in the first half of 1993.
- An economic scale that's out of whack. Cappo, Joe // Crain's Chicago Business;11/1/93, Vol. 16 Issue 44, p10
Presents an imagined dialogue between a genius and a skeptic on how to rejuvenate Illinois' economy. Implementation of tariff on all goods coming into Illinois from other states; Restriction of immigration into Illinois; Raising prices of products; Isolating state to maintain wages; Import...