Grim and Bear It: A Bad Situation Gets Worse
- Despite Healthier Revenues, Budget Woes Still Plague Kansas. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;06/13/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30911, p3
Focuses on the budget problems experienced by the state of Kansas for fiscal 2001. Factors making the fiscal 2001 state budget difficult to construct; Allocations of the state fund; Need for good spending discipline to overcome the problems.
- GOING LEAN. Greenblatt, Alan // State Legislatures;Apr2010, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p24
The article discusses the budget shortfall in Kansas in 2010. Kansas Governor Mark Parkinson reportedly recommends to slash the 2.8- million-U.S. dollar operating budget. It cites that some lawmakers had bigger budgets in previous years and improved capital programs and cuts in operating...
- Courts Close Over Budget. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/10/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33694, p7
The article reports on the five-days closure on the state courts in Kansas, which results on the disagreement on the proposed budget for 2013.
- Brownback Cuts Education as Legislature Patches Budget Gap. Williamson, Richard // Bondbuyer.com;2/6/2015, p25
The article reports that Kansas Governor Sam Brownback has ordered $44 million in budget cuts to K-12 public schools and higher education in Kansas. It states that Brownback ordered the budget cuts after the $46 million shortfall in revenue in January 2015. It mentions that the cuts came as...
- Kansas Revenues $47M Below Budget in January. Williamson, Richard // Bondbuyer.com;2/4/2015, p21
The article offers information on the decline of the revenues of Kansas in January 2015, that is below the state's revenue officials' projection. The topics discussed include the plan of the state's Legislature to close its budget shortfall worth about $300 million, the attributing factors for...
- Kansas Revenues Again Fall Short. // Bond Buyer;11/6/2015, Vol. 1 Issue F343, p1
Kansas revenues have fallen short of projections for the fourth consecutive month, according to the state's October report.
- Ellsworth County, Kan., GOs Raised to AA-Minus by S&P. // Bond Buyer;12/30/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 34035, p1
The article offers information on the raising of the issue level debt ratings on the general obligation bonds (GOs) of the Ellsworth County, Kansas from A-plus to AA-minus on the basis of the local GO regulations. Topics discussed include the stability of the financial outlook, securing of the...
- Kansas Revenues $3.7M Below Expectations in July. Williamson, Richard // Bondbuyer.com;8/6/2015, p21
The article focuses on the decline in tax collections for the month of July 2015 in Kansas. Topics include increased tax on tobacco and liquor and budget adjustments ordered by Governor Sam Brownback; budget deficit closed by spending cuts, fund transfers, and tax increases by Kansas Department...
- More clamor to fix Albany. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);11/19/2004, Vol. 51 Issue 53, p10A
Expresses support for the call by the lobbying group Business Council of New York State for economic reforms in the state. Ranking of New York as the least economically free state in the Union; Comparison of New York to Kansas, which ranked first in the ranking; Governor George Pataki's veto on...