When Gas Prices Fall, Fiscal Tensions Rise
- Oklahoma. Dees, Cynthia // National Real Estate Investor;Dec93, Vol. 35 Issue 13, p68
Reports on the improving economic conditions of the state of Oklahoma. New construction commitments; Capitalization rates; Investor activity; Occupancy rates; Multifamily property sales; Overall rental rates; Industrial property rejuvenation; Investor activity in the hotel and motel business.
- Where the corn is as high as an elephant's eye. Schiff, Debra // Electronic Design;02/23/98, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p64G
Focuses on the economic conditions of Oklahoma. Details on the study which indicated that Oklahoma ranked ninth in the total nonagricultural job growth; Comparison of Oklahoma's average industrial electric bills to several major cities; Indepth look at several business enterprises with offices...
- Oklahoma Hopes for a Better Future After Bout of Poor Natural Gas Prices. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;7/18/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31430, p4
Forecasts an economic growth after the decline of natural gas prices in Oklahoma. Relationship between gas prices and government revenue; Collections of general funds; Gross production taxes on natural gas.
- Oklahoma Revenues Keep Falling, But Treasurer Sees a Silver Lining. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;11/12/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33216, p3
The article reports on the claim of Oklahoma's Treasurer Scott Meacham regarding the possibility that the state will experience economic recovery despite its declining revenue.
- Bridge collapse will reroute Oklahoma business flow. Singletary, Mark // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);6/3/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 50, p3
Cites the economic and emotional effects with the collapse of a bridge caused by a barge in Oklahoma. Total number of people who died in the accident; Disruption of commerce along the state's highway; Possible impact of the traffic jam on crime rate.
- Formation of the Central Oklahoma Economic Development Association. Peterson, Jim // Economic Development Review;Fall92, Vol. 10 Issue 4, Fall 1992 p85
Reports on the formation of the Central Oklahoma Economic Development Association. Economic conditions in Oklahoma; Key factors in determining which counties should be included in the central region; Types of organizations to be included in the regional efforts.
- Oklahoma. // Bond Buyer;02/14/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30828, p70S
Focuses on the economic conditions of Oklahoma. Assistance offered to issuers in the state bond application process; Construction and maintenance of highways and bridges; Provision of general services to state agencies; Income of the tobacco settlement; Needs for water infrastructure.
- OKLAHOMA: Refunds Crimp Receipts. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;9/17/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33980, p9
The article reports that Oklahoma's fund collections dropped by 17 percent due to income tax refunds and mentions finance secretary Clarence Doerflinger who reported that the receipts of 347.6 million dollars were reduced by 38.8 million dollars in August 2012.
- OKLAHOMA: July Revenues Strong. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/19/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32943, p9
The article reports on the strong growth in general fund collections in Oklahoma in July 2008. The collections totaled $457.1 million and $30.4 million higher than earlier estimated. Collection reports show that the state's economy remains healthy, backed by record strength in its energy sector....