Lawmakers Face a Tough Balancing Act
- Arizona Special Session May Tackle Problems Within Budget. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;7/12/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31426, p5
Focuses on the economic conditions of Arizona. Factors affecting the state budget; Decrease of income tax collections; Impact of tourism and income tax collection on general fund revenues.
- Arizona fares well in per capita exports. Fessenden, Jim // Inside Tucson Business;04/12/99, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p1
Reports that Arizona has the seventh largest per capita exports in the United States according to statistics from government agencies. Value of exported goods from the state in 1998; Comparison with other regions in the country; Indications of favorable economic conditions in the state.
- Purchasing managers' index shows Az. economy slowing. // Inside Tucson Business;03/06/2000, Vol. 9 Issue 50, p20
Cites the drop in the Arizona Purchasing Managers' Index in January 2000. Factors behind the slowdown in production activity; Decline in the employment and new orders indices.
- Tucson returns to position once lost. // Inside Tucson Business;7/29/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 18, p4
Editorial. Commends the administrative agencies involved in the effort to increase Mexican tourism in Tucson and Pima County, Arizona. Viability of the two areas for Mexican tourists; Economic impact of the tourist trade; Estimates on the income generated by Mexican tourists.
- ECONOMIC BRIEFS. // Inside Tucson Business;7/14/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p16
Presents news updates on the economy in Arizona, compiled as of July 14, 2003. Economic structure of the state; Decline in the Arizona Tourism Barometer; Publication of the 2003 Arizona Statistical Abstract.
- Growing Marana leaves farming roots in the dust. Fessenden, Jim // Inside Tucson Business;06/22/98, Vol. 8 Issue 13, p1
Focuses on the economic conditions in the town of Marana, Arizona. Agricultural self-sufficiency in cotton and pecans; Pro-business approach to economic development; Comments of Mayor Ora Mae Harn on economic potential.
- Arizona dealer launches scavenger hunt to help local businesses. // Dealernews;Apr2011, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p67
The article reports on the launching of the Bad Economy Buster Bling Bike Hunt, a scavenger hunt to help boost Arizona's local economy.
- Peso devaluation dims Tucson's economic outlook. Markley, Jennifer // Inside Tucson Business;12/18/95, Vol. 5 Issue 38, p5B
Gives a report from Marshall Vest, an economist at the University of Arizona, on events which altered the economy of Tucson, at the end of 1995. Devaluation of Mexico's peso; Spending by Mexican shoppers; Significant drop in building permits; More.
- Prepare now for growing state, local population. Miller, John Wesley // Inside Tucson Business;11/04/96, Vol. 6 Issue 32, p10
Opinion. Comments on the economic forecasts on Arizona through the year 2019. Population forecasts; Meeting housing needs; Sustainable development; Application of modern technology.
- Strong economy drives high loan volume in Arizona. Rademacher, Kevin // Inside Tucson Business;06/02/97, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p14B
Reports that the healthy business climate in Arizona is driving high loan volume. Level of U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) loans in Arizona for fiscal year 1996; Money Store Investment Corp. as the top SBA loan outlet.