Pride of the Yankees: High Ratings, Low Insurance
- Shrinking Surplus Ends Vermont's Two Years From Market. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;9/10/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31220, p36
Reports the plans of selling general obligation bonds in Vermont. Effect of economic slowdown on the bond market; Use of surplus cash for several years to offset borrowing; Improvement of credit quality.
- After a soggy season in Vt., operators' hopes rise for fall. Allen, Robin Lee // Nation's Restaurant News;10/19/98, Vol. 32 Issue 42, p126
Focuses on the optimism of foodservice operators in Vermont on the increase of their profits for the fall 1998. Contribution of the observance of the fall foliage to the increase of the profits of restaurants in the state; Launch of emergency advertising campaign to attract more people into the...
- Vermont. // Bond Buyer;02/14/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30828, p85S
Focuses on the economic conditions of Vermont. Accomplishments of state authorities for 1999; Projections on the fiscal performance for 2000; State and local revenues; Data on total debt per capita; Employment growth from 1993 to 1998.
- Vermont. Cintron, Ivan // Bond Buyer;10/29/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30510, p9
Analyzes Vermont's bond issues. Economic factors contributing to the upgrade of the state's general obligation bonds.
- The Politics. // Access;Dec2001, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p16
Reports the management of public institutions in Vermont. Description of public and private components; Elimination of programs due to high tuition, state support and economic downturn; Reasons for the elimination of programs providing dental services.
- VERMONT STILL NO. 1 IN U.S., BUT COMPETITION INCREASES. Geisel, Jerry // Business Insurance;3/16/2015, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p0017
The article reveals that Vermont has remained the largest U.S. domicile as of March 2015, with its captives generating around 30 billion U.S. dollars in gross written premiums.
- A look at Vermont. // American Nurseryman;5/1/94, Vol. 179 Issue 9, p9
Reports on the contribution of Vermont's greenhouse and nursery industry to the state's economy in 1993. Report from the University of Vermont Agricultural Experiment Station and Extension System and the Vermont Department of Agriculture, Food and Markets; Sources of income of the industry;...
- Creating balance in the Hanover/Lebanon region. Marzloff, Karen // Business NH Magazine;Aug98, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p34
Discusses the challenges faced by town officials and residents in Hanover and Lebanon as businesses discover the advantages of life on the New Hampshire-Vermont border. Average home sale price in the region; Factors that released a pent-up demand for residential and commercial construction;...
- The latest good news from Vermont is an upgrade to AA-Plus from fitch. Harris, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/27/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30756, p3
Reports that Fitch IBCA Inc. has upgraded the rating of the state of Vermont at the end of October 1999. Debt securities to be affected by the increase in rating; Reasons behind the state's rating improvement; State's financial performance.