Doing Better Than the Folks Next Door
- RHODE ISLAND: Revenues Beat Forecast. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;9/13/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33381, p9
The article discusses the economic forecast of Rhode Island in which the state has collected 413.9 million dollars in July 2010 and 33.7 million dollars in August 2010.
- Rhode Island takes surplus streak to two. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;02/09/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30327, p2
Reports on a projected second consecutive budget surplus of Rhode Island for fiscal 1998, according to the budget estimates of Rhode Island Governor Lincoln C. Almond. Projected budget surplus at $58 million; Debt burden and personal income status of Rhode Island.
- Hospitals buoy Rhode Island when economy sinks: Study. Dunn, Philip // AHA News;2/17/97, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p6
Cites a study conducted by the Howell Group on the beneficial effect of not-for-profit hospitals on Rhode Island's economy during the early 1990s. Rise in direct expenditures by Rhode Island hospitals; Size of employment provided by local hospitals; Economic impact of the national recession of...
- Rhode Island's debt load is dropping, but it's still far from light, report says. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;12/03/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30532, p28
Reports on the decline in Rhode Island's tax-supported debt load in 1997 and 1998. Factors to which the state's ballooning debt was attributed; Improvement of the state's economic performance; Comparison of the state's outstanding debt with those of other states.
- Rhode Island outlook. Gormley, Robert T. // U.S. Banker;Sep94, Vol. 104 Issue 9, p92
Focuses on the renewal of both the physical and business climate infrastructure in Rhode Island. Undertaking of public development projects; Passage of laws designed to increase the state's appeal to businesses; Benefits of the state's multi-faceted workers compensation reform effort started in...
- OIL HEAT. // Fuel Oil News;Feb2016, Vol. 81 Issue 2, p14
The article focuses on Rhode Island in terms of home oil heating along with its economic and social aspects of Rhode Island.
- Letters to the editor. // Communities & Banking;Winter2011, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p26
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including the economic maladies in the Rhode Island, the effects of foreclosure crisis on the tenants, and "Tribal Recognition in Vermont," by Kesha Ram.
- Rhode Island Unemployment. Lardaro, Leonard // Communities & Banking;Sep2010, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p9
The article offers information on the factors behind the high unemployment rate in Rhode Island. It discusses four underlying structural obstacles in the state's economic environment including population decline since July 2004, budget deficits before the recession and economic lapse in June...
- Rhode Island. Harris, Elizabeth E. // Bond Buyer;09/10/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30475, p7
Focuses on Standard & Poor's analyst Christopher Loop and John Fargnoli's assessment on Rhode Island's economy. Factors attributed to the improvement in the state's economy; Per capita debt burden in the state; Principal amortization; Rating for the state's fixed-rate general obligation bonds.