After a Loaded Calendar, a Quieter Year Looms
- Chapter 3.2: Economic Outlook -- Puerto Rico. // West Caribbean Business Forecast Report;2010 3rd Quarter, p31
This article provides an outlook for the performance of the Puerto Rican economy in 2010.
- Letter from the President. Lugo, Angie // Caribbean Business;9/23/2010, Vol. 38 Issue 37, pS2
The article discusses the need of courage, will and action to help improve the economy in Puerto Rico.
- SPUN from the WEB. // Caribbean Business;3/27/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p49
Presents top stories of interest to the economy of Puerto Rico, featured in PuertoRicoWOW.com. Appointment of Juan R. Melecio to the post of president of former Governor Pedro Rosello's campaign committee; Views of Governor Sila Calderon on U.S.-led war against Iraq.
- READER'S OPINION. Villares, Héctor J.; Worley, Frank // Caribbean Business;6/4/2015, Vol. 43 Issue 21, p20
A letter to the editor is presented regarding how to address or deal with the economic problems faced by Puerto Rico.
- Letter from the publisher. Casiano, Manuel A. // Caribbean Business;3/19/2009 09 Special Edition, Vol. 37, p6
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one on the economy of Puerto Rico and another on the future of various industries including tourism, banking and insurance.
- The doomsayers' burden. // Caribbean Business;5/7/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 18, p21
Editorial. Comments on an editorial which appeared in the April, 1998 issue of the periodical, `Caribbean Business' which focused on a possible economic crisis in Puerto Rico as reported by the media. Reference to Section 936 of the United States Internal Revenue Code; Forecast of the economic...
- Puerto Rico in danger? Talbot, John F. // America;8/12/1995, Vol. 173 Issue 4, p12
Focuses on the efforts in Puerto Rico to save Section 936 of the US International Revenue Code. Tax-free investment opportunity and incentive as part of the economy; Dramatic changes brought by the Tax Reform Act of 1976; Purposes of Section 936; Effects of politics on 936; Effect of...
- Chapter 3.2: Economic Outlook -- Puerto Rico. // West Caribbean Business Forecast Report;2011 3rd Quarter, Issue 3, p29
The article presents an economic outlook for Puerto Rico.
- Wow, what a week! // Caribbean Business;2/13/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p34
Editorial. Assesses growth prospects for Puerto Rico's economy. Impact of plan by Empresas Fonalledas to expand into banking in Florida; Agriculture renaissance through a government incentives plan; Other business plans that bode well for the island's economy.