New Governor Has an Unwelcome Inheritance
- The business R/ECON barometer. Mantell, Nancy // Business News New Jersey;10/18/95, Vol. 8 Issue 19, p4
Studies the economic condition of New Jersey for the year 1995. Forecast on the continued growth of the economy; Increase in employment.
- The Business R/ECON barometer. Mantell, Nancy // Business News New Jersey;11/15/95, Vol. 8 Issue 21, p4
Presents the economic status of New Jersey. Index of leading indicators; Residential construction contracts; Employment.
- Glad tidings. // Business News New Jersey;11/27/96, Vol. 9 Issue 24, p3
Discloses reports reflecting optimism about the New Jersey economy for fiscal 1997.
- Uneven economic growth prevails. Scarry, Donald M. // Business News New Jersey;05/12/97, Vol. 10 Issue 15, p12
Examines the uneven economic growth in various counties in New Jersey. Statistical information on the county with the highest family income; Information on the seven counties with the lowest family income; Factors which contribute to this uneven economic growth.
- As the manufacturing base shrinks, distribution is on an upswing. // Business News New Jersey;09/22/97, Vol. 10 Issue 32, p25
Presents information on the economy of New Jersey, focusing on it manufacturing sector. Role that the manufacturing sector plays in the economy; How the history of the Johns-Manville Company reflects the changing economy; Statistics on manufacturing employment; Decrease noted in employment in...
- The Business R/econ barometer. Mantell, Nancy // Northern New Jersey Business;1/25/95, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p3
Presents a graph indicating economic conditions for New Jersey as of January 25, 1995. Declining conditions; Rising retail sales; Factors in the decline.
- The business R/ECON barometer. Mantell, Nancy // Northern New Jersey Business;6/14/95, Vol. 3 Issue 12, p3
Reports that a decline in the New Jersey Index of Leading Indicators means a continual sluggishness in the economy. Decline in employment.
- The outlook darkens. // Northern New Jersey Business;7/12/95, Vol. 3 Issue 15, p3
Presents results of the Price Waterhouse Business Pulse survey in New Jersey. Opinion results on the recession; Total tax bill; Reaction to economic slowdown; Government action against recession; Business gross sales revenues. INSET: How the poll was conducted..
- We're getting lots of mixed signals. Scarry, Donald M. // Northern New Jersey Business;8/16/95, Vol. 3 Issue 17, p30
Editorial. Focuses on the economic conditions in New Jersey. Financial relationship with the federal government; Economic issues; State spending in 1994; Taxation concerns; Growth of domestic product; Consumer behavior.
- Business builds art. Harding, John T. // Business News New Jersey;4/21/97, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p14
Editorial. Discusses the state of New Jersey's attempts to cope with changes in the economy, a weakening manufacturing base and slow job growth. Whether the labor force or industry is supreme; Why industry and manufacturing began in cities; Role of the arts in economic development.