- Ohio Board Withholds Records Sought by Auditor. // Education Week;10/28/2015, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p4
The article reports that the Ohio education department's charter school oversight office is not releasing documents requested by state auditor Dave Yost after a state school board decision claiming attorney-client privilege for some documents.
- Local schools: Online charters are sucking $$ from education. DeWitt, David // Athens News;5/14/2014, p9
The article offers the author's view on online charter schools in Athens County, Ohio. He mentions the claim of the state's education department over the acquisition of educational fund by community schools. He also notes Athens City School District treasurer Matt Bunting who pointed out their...
- Ohio Decides to Keep Charter Operator's Expansion in Check. McClatchy-Tribune; Tomassini, Jason // Education Week;3/7/2012, Vol. 31 Issue 23, p8
The article reports on the decision by the Ohio Department of Education to refuse to approve the establishment of four charter schools due to concerns that White Hat Management, the operator of the schools, would wield too much administrative power. Concerns also centered on the role of the...
- Ohio Project Focuses on Retention, Recruitment of School-Based Clinicians. Allender, Nada // ASHA Leader;10/7/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 18, p3
Reports on the expansion of the Ohio Master's Network Initiatives in Education project in Ohio. Objective of the expanded project; Participation of Bowling Green State University, College of Wooster, and Baldwin-Wallace College in the project; Description of the project.
- Ohio Faces Up to New Achievement-Gap Data. Gehring, John // Education Week;6/12/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 40, p20
Presents student-performance data by the Ohio Department of Education on the performance of minority students. Effects of ethnicity; Statistics of the results of minority students; Efforts of the state to fill the achievement gap.
- In Ohio, education ombudsman has answers. Coles, Adrienne D. // Education Week;10/15/97, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p21
Reports on the Ohio Department of Education Ombudsman Jeffrey Jones' time spent on listening and answering parents' concerns about their children's education. Jones' role as a neutral third party in the resolution of education-related concerns; Creation of the position of the ombudsman; Common...
- OHIO DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION. // Smart Business Cleveland;Feb2015 Supplement, Vol. 26, p23
The article reports on the Ohio Department of Education, its Adult Diploma Program, and its 450,000 U.S. dollar Adult Diploma Project Planning Grant in favor of Cuyahoga Community College (Tri-C).
- FUTURE INCORPORATION OF THE U.N. CONVENTION ON THE RIGHTS OF CHILDREN INTO THE UNITED STATES EDUCATION SYSTEM: CASE STUDY OF OHIO DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION AND SEX EDUCATION BATTLE. Russell, Alysson // Brigham Young University Education & Law Journal;2001, Issue 2, p391
Focuses on the effort of Ohio's Department of Education on sex education program. Incorporation of the United Nation Convention on the Rights of Children into the U.S. states education system; Prevention of the spread of HIV/AIDS and other sexually transmitted diseases; Contribution of the...
- What Ohio rules address educator misconduct? // Farm & Dairy;4/24/2014, Vol. 100 Issue 31, pB20
The article focuses on educator misconduct regulation in Ohio including information on the Licensure Code of Professional Conduct for Ohio Educators, reporting of code violation to the Ohio Department of Education (ODE), and what happens to the accused educator.