NEW JERSEY: Budget Plug
- McGreevey on a Mission. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;2/27/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31333, p1
Focuses on the activities of New Jersey governor James E. McGreevy. Budget gap of the state; Nomination of chief of the state's Sports & Exposition Authority by the governor; Operating subsidy received by the authority in 2002.
- News In Brief: McGreevey Sworn N.J. Governor. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;1/16/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31305, p2
Reports that James E. McGreevey was sworn in as New Jersey's 51st governor in Trenton, New Jersey. Percentage number of votes in McGreevey's favor; Issues addressed by McGreevey in his inaugural speech.
- N.J. Governor Signs Bill Requiring Black History In All Schools. // Jet;9/23/2002, Vol. 102 Issue 14, p6
Focuses on legislation signed by New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevy which is aimed at incorporating Afro-American history into the traditional curriculum of New Jersey's schools.
- Report: N.J. Governor, YankeeNets Agree on Newark Arena. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;5/3/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31379, p4
Reports the financing of arena by governor James E. McGreevy and YankeeNets company in Newark, New Jersey. Amount of the funds; Request of the financiers for bonds from the Sports and Exposition Authority; Contributors for the bonds of the arena.
- McGreevey Makes it Official. Mulroy, Gene J. // Business News New Jersey;03/20/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p14
Comments on Woodbridge Mayor James McGreevey's announcement that he is seeking the Democratic Party's nomination for governor of New Jersey. Possible opponents of McGreevey in the gubernatorial election; Legislative developments of interest to New Jersey's business community; Enactment of a law...
- TAX REBATES FOR THE DEPARTED. // njbiz;8/9/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 32, p2
Reports on the tax rebate issued by New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevy to the deceased Grace M. Frawley. Purpose of the tax rebate; Comment from Frawley's son Robert Frawley.
- N.J. mandates medical error reporting. // Drug Topics;5/17/2004, Vol. 148 Issue 10, p10
Reports that New Jersey governor James McGreevy signed into law the Patient Safety Act requiring all healthcare facilities to report serious, preventable medical errors to state health officials.
- Colorado Assembly Returns, With $1B Deficit Front and Center. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/8/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31548, p3
Reports on the budget deficit facing Colorado as of January 2003. Challenges posed by this deficit to legislators in the state; Measures to be taken by legislators to reduce the deficit; Possibility of the introduction of a rainy-day fund by state Treasurer Mike Coffman during the state's...
- Wisconsin Faces Spending Cuts; Missouri Announces $1B Gap. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/9/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31549, p3
Discusses the budget deficits faced by states of Wisconsin and Missouri. Step to eliminate deficit initiated by the governor of Wisconsin; Expectations regarding Missouri's revenues for a fiscal year; Highlights the gap in Missouri's budget cycle.