MAINE: Pondering Privatizing
- Maryland House Eyes Property-Tax Hike But No Slots for Budget Plan. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;3/24/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31599, p33
Reports on the plan of Maryland House of Delegates to increase property tax in its fiscal 2004 budget. Percentage increase in property tax proposed; Purpose behind increasing the tax on property and business; Response of House members regarding increase in sales tax and income tax proposal.
- Property taxes may be on the rise. Couzens, Fred // Las Vegas Business Press;04/02/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 14, p1
Reports that the Clark County, Nevada government has unveiled a preliminary budget that calls for an increase in property taxes to help offset expected revenue shortfalls due to spending increases. Percentage rise in property taxes under the county's proposed preliminary budget; Comments from...
- Tax, pay hikes approved. // Inside Tucson Business;08/11/97, Vol. 7 Issue 20, p3
Reports that Tucson County, Arizona supervisors have agreed on a $684 million budget which will increase property tax rates in the area.
- County OKs budget that raise taxes by 11%. // Inside Tucson Business;5/20/2011, Vol. 20 Issue 52, p3
The article reports on the move of the Pima County Board of Supervisors in Arizona in approving a 1.3 billion-dollar county budget for the 2011-2012 fiscal year that would require an 11% increase in property taxes.
- Budget would keep tax rate, cut arts funding. Graham, A. Lee // Fort Worth Business Press;8/13/2012, Vol. 24 Issue 32, p1
The article reports on the fiscal 2013 budget of Fort Worth, Texas, which showed that the property tax rate would not increase but the arts funding would be reduced.
- ILLINOIS: DuPage County Wins Praise. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/24/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33802, p7
The article informs that the DuPage county of Illinois has proposed a healthy fund budget for the year 2013 with appropriate property tax.
- Budget crunched. Crews, Chris // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);
The article reports that Burnet County in Texas seeks a five percent property tax increase to offset the $1.3 million budget deficit.
- Rhode Island Democrats attack plan for $190 million of property tax relief. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;03/05/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30344, p7
Reports on the opposition of Rhode Island lawmakers against the plan of Governor Lincoln Almond to use the state's surging sales tax revenues to finance property tax relief. Overview of Almond's tax relief proposal; Current budget surplus of the state; Proposals of lawmakers on the use of the...
- Milwaukee Turns to Property Tax to Cover Increased Expenses. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;08/28/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30963, p3
Reports on Milwaukee, Wisconsin's use of property tax to cover increased expenses. Generation of a minimum of ten million dollars of additional revenues; Budget for 2001.