Alaska May Issue Debt For Pipeline
- Pipe Dreams. McGinniss, Joe // Conde Nast Portfolio;Apr2009, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p50
The article focuses on the alleged hidden agenda of Governor Sarah Palin in the proposed construction of a $40 billion natural-gas pipeline in Alaska, which U.S. President Barack Obama also wants. According to state House Finance Committee co-chairman Mike Hawker, Palin's administration is...
- Leaders Speak Out. Orr, Vanessa // Alaska Business Monthly;Oct2006, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p10
The article discusses the insights of various Alaskan politicians on the building of a natural gas pipeline in Alaska. Governor Frank Murkowski proposed an agreement negotiated with oil producers BP, ConocoPhillips and Exxon Mobil that was submitted for legislative review and public comment in...
- ALASKA: Fishing for Business. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;1/25/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31311, p35
Reports that Alaska's governor Tony Knowles has proposed to spend on the state's commercial fishing and tourism industries. Contributions of fishing and tourism industry in generating revenues; Cause of the problem faced by the fishing industry; Plans of Knowles to promote the two industries.
- Gov. Tony Knowles: A Look to Alaska's Future. Bonham, Nicole A. // Alaska Business Monthly;Dec2000, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p10
Presents an interview with Governor Tony Knowles on the impact of pipeline economy and tourism in Alaska. Views on the commercialization of the oil industry; Promotion on the world market; Forecasts on the educational situation .
- Reopening NPR-A. Stricker, Julie // Alaska Business Monthly;Oct98, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p16
Presents an interview with Alaska's Governor Tony Knowles, to discuss his response to the plans regarding the development of the National Petroleum Reserve-Alaska announced by Bruce Babbitt, Secretary of the Department of the Interior on August 6, 1998.
- Alaska governor calls for mix of garvee and tobacco debt. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;01/14/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30808, p4
Reports on Alaska Governor Tony Knowles' proposed Garvee bonds and debt backed by tobacco settlement revenues. Transportation initiative in the state; Revenues of the state portion of the bond proposal.
- Alaska governor asks for bonds to finance drinking water loan fund. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;01/24/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30813, p4
Reports that Alaska Governor Tony Knowles' drinking water bond proposal. Capitalization of the Alaska Drinking Water Fund; Loan program for rural drinking water projects.
- Alaska's FY-02 State Budget: Magical, Mystical Numbers. // Alaska Business Monthly;Jan2001, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p6
Presents the General Fund budget made by Governor Tony Knowles to state legislators in Alaska. Programs proposed with the increased budget; Description of the off budget funding; Proposal of the legislature to reveal the sources of all funding and the actual size of the Operating Budget.
- Alaska Governor Proposes Income Tax to End Dependence on Oil. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;1/23/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31309, p27
Focuses on the income tax plans of Alaska Governor Tony Knowles to improve the financial condition of the state. Provisions of the plans regarding stabilization of finances and state's dependence on oil taxes; Tax hikes proposed by Knowles; Reasons behind opposition of the plan by the...