CALIFORNIA: Jarvis Rides Again
- VIRGINIA: NVTA Hikes Taxes, Fees. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;7/19/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32674, p9
The article reports on the move of the Northern Virginia Transportation Authority (NVTA) to agree for an increase of seven different taxes and fees to raise funds. The finances will be for the region's heavily used transportation system, which is a revenue source for transportation. Information...
- AITC in plea for open-ended tax equality. Phillipps, James // Money Marketing;11/17/2005, p22
The article reports that the Association of Investment Trusts has urged the Great Britain Department of Treasury to offer the same tax breaks on bond investments for investment trusts that it does for open-ended mutual funds to enable them to compete on equal basis. Investment trusts pay 30 per...
- Minneapolis' Guthrie Theater to Sell $85 Million for New Complex. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/30/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31730, p3
Reports on the plan of Guthrie Theater Foundation to sell a letter-of-credit-backed bonds in Minneapolis. Authorized officers of the bonds to carry final maturity in 2023; Use of the funds through a capital campaign; Amount of money committed by the foundation in its fundraising goal.
- New Jersey Group to Appeal Appropriation Bond Ruling. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;02/02/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31069, p4
No abstract available.
- Inflation bonds. // Crain's New York Business;05/05/97, Vol. 13 Issue 18, p42
Announces that the New York-based Teacher's Investment Annuity Association-College Retirement Equities Fund will start an inflation-indexed bond portfolio on May 1, 1997. How inflation-linked bonds have performed in the first quarter of 1997.
- Fund managers flock to deal for Minnesota seniors' complex. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;08/10/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30701, p9
Reports on the bond offering of Sartell, Minnesota on behalf of the nonprofit Foundation for Health Care Continuums. Structure of the bond issue.
- California ISO plans $290M sale of mixed revenue bonds. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;01/07/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30803, p4
Reports on the plans of California Independent System Operator to sell refunding and new-money revenue bonds. Amount of the offering; Projects that will be financed by the bond offering.
- RBDA, Meet the BDA, Sans Regional. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;8/25/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33372, p1
The article reports on the decision of the Regional Bond Dealers Association (RBDA) to change its name into Bond Dealers of America (BDA) to reflect its addition of members from other parts of the U.S.
- Housing Officials Urge White House Panel to Keep Bonds Tax-Exempt. McConnell, Alisson L. // Bond Buyer;5/2/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32123, p4
Reports on the encouragement of the National Association of Local Housing Finance Agencies for the President's Advisory Panel on Federal Tax Reform to keep single and multifamily housing bonds tax-exempt in the U.S. Recommendation to exempt the interest earned from private-activity bonds from...