Deal in Focus: Oregon Bringing Record 'Baccalaureate Bond' Issue to Market
- Officials: Kansas plan won't affect Board of Regents' bonds. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;03/10/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30595, p4
Reports on Kansas officials' assurance that the state's ability to pay debt service on outstanding bonds sold for the Board of Regents will not be jeopardized by a plan to restructure Kansas' higher education system. Goal to improve higher education by providing leadership, supervision, and...
- Pennsylvania Higher Ed System Sells $88 Million of Revenue Bonds. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;5/15/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31636, p34
Pennsylvania's State System of Higher Education sold 88.1 million dollar competitive revenue bonds that contains 49 million dollar in refunding. The Series 2003X revenue bonds, to be sold through the Pennsylvania Higher Educational Facilities Authority, will refund about 10 million dollar of...
- Okla. Seeks to Salvage $30M of Court-Cancelled $175M Deal. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;6/18/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31659, p36
Following the Oklahoma supreme court's decision to halt plans for the Oklahoma Capitol Improvement Authority to sell 175 million dollars of lease revenue bonds for more than 500 state projects, that authority is trying to save 30 million dollars of the deal intended for higher education projects...
- U. of Mo. Lowered. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/5/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31755, p31
Reports on the declining bond ratings of the University of Missouri Board of Curators and the University of Missouri System. Trading of facilities revenue bonds; Commitment of the university to higher education; Factors affecting credit quality.
- Texas Board Readies $75 Million GO Sale for Student Loans. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/27/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31272, p4
Reports on the competitive sale of $75 million of general obligation bonds by an organization Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board. Reason behind the sale of bonds; Co-financial advisers and bond counsel of the board; Programs that will be funded by the sale of bonds.
- Outgoing Virginia Governor Pushes $1 Billion Bond Plan for Higher Ed . Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/11/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31302, p3
Focuses on the proposal of Virginia's Governor James S. Gilmore for state lawmakers to enact higher education bond package. Debate to eliminate budget shortfall for the fiscal year 2002; Aim of the bond to build technologically advanced college campuses.
- South Carolina Dealing for Higher Ed. TEMPLE-WEST, PATRICK // Bond Buyer;2/7/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33462, p5
The article reports on the issuance of 342.7 million dollars worth of refunding bonds and 126.2 million dollars worth of general obligation bonds for higher education in South Carolina.
- Rhode Island to Sell $98 Million This Month. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;10/5/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32481, p3
The article reports on the plan of Rhode Island to sell $98 million of new-money general obligation debt in order to help finance higher education programs and environmental projects throughout the state. A new biotechnology center at the University of Kington's campus will receive $13 million...
- Truckers for Higher Ed. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/24/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32493, p31
The article reports on the support by Arkansas Trucking Association behind a $250-million worth of general obligation bond question for higher education in Arkansas. The bond proposal includes $100 million to withdraw the outstanding debt and $150 million for new construction. The association...