Disclosure: ICI's Muni Council Meeting in March Will Cover Issues Raised at SEC Roundtable
- Information, Please. Chatzky, Jean Sherman // Money;
Discusses the disclosure of mutual fund holdings, and the argument of the Investment Company Institute that more frequent disclosures would release too much information and damage shareholders' returns. View that the problem with the argument is that no consumer groups calling for change...
- Muni Council Members Formulate Disclosure Focus. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;3/18/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31346, p5
Focuses on improving secondary market disclosure of the municipal market in the U.S. Actions taken by the officials of the Investment Co. Institute (ICI); Views of ICI associate counsel Barry Simmons on electronic filing of disclosure information by issuers; Study on market disclosure system by...
- SIA-ICI Group at Odds on SuperMontage. Hendrickson, Mark // Securities Industry News;10/23/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 40, p1
Reports on the failure of the Joint Securities Industry Association and Investment Co. Institute working group exploring issues surrounding stock trading limit orders, to reach a consensus as to how increased transparency should be achieved. Negative impact on the endorsement and use of the...
- ICI: Improve Disclosure. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;1/30/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33052, p1
The article offers information on the concerns raised by the Investment Co. Institute, a group that represents mutual funds and other investment companies, regarding municipal disclosure in Washington. It pushed for improvements to municipal disclosure which is regarded as limited,...
- SEC Proposals on After-Tax Returns, Independent Directors on ICI Agenda. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;03/24/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30856, p6
Focuses on two proposals made by the United States Securities and Exchange Commission, which the Investment Co. Institute plan to include in its regulatory agenda for 2000. Representation of independent directors of mutual funds by independent counsel; Requirement of funds to disclose their...
- ICI Seeks Improvements To Muni Bond Disclosure. Ackerman, Andrew // Money Management Executive;2/9/2009, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p1
The article reports that the Investment Co. Institute (ICI) is seeking improvements to municipal disclosure. The ICI believes the improvements are needed since few bonds are being insured and it would even seem to see lawmakers repeal the so-called Tower Amendment. ICI General Counsel Karrie...
- Retirement planning's computer course topic. Hensley, Scott // American Banker;3/1/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 41, p10
Presents information on the Investment Company Institute which is offering a company-based training course titled `Retirement Plans and IRAs: Basic Training' about retirement planning. Information on course.
- Fund group criticizes bank regulators for policies that clash with SEC rules. Crockett, Barton // American Banker;12/5/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 232, p1
Reports on the Investment Company Institute's concern over the clashing of banking legislators with their securities counterparts over banks' fund activities. Complaints on joint guidelines; Comments by industry experts.
- Exchange-Traded Fund Assets Rise 3.8%. // American Banker;7/27/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 144, p7
Reports that the assets of exchange-traded funds in the United States rose in June 2001. Figures from the Investment Company Institute; Assets in broad-based domestic funds; Amount of net new shares issued during the month; Comparison with May 2001 figures.