Giuliani Calls for $200 Million More in Cuts
- Social programs suffer from Giuliani's cuts. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;12/27/2001, Vol. 92 Issue 52, p3
Reports on the effect of the budget cuts of Mayor Rudolph Guiliani on social programs in New York, New York. Closure of the Momentum AIDS agency; Provision of final benediction to Saint Cecilia's Church; Reliance of the programs on the City Council funding.
- Triumph of pugnacious politics. Scherer, Ron // Christian Science Monitor;11/6/97, Vol. 89 Issue 240, p1
Profiles New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani, following his resounding reelection on November 4, 1997. His fondness for opera and the New York Yankees baseball team; Giuliani's platforms; His nationally adopted crime-fighting methods; Comparisons with Fiorello La Guardia, Giuliani's...
- Rudy raises funds. // Crain's New York Business;5/22/95, Vol. 11 Issue 21, p47
Reports that New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani has not decided to seek another term in the 1997 elections. Fund-raising activities.
- Rudy Pagliacci. Dubner, Stephen J.; Williams, Jeannie // New York;1/3/94, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p20
Reports on the reasons behind Rudy Giuliani's mayoral victory in New York. Negotiation for the votes of fans of opera singers Maria Callas and Renata Tebaldi; Praises heaped on each singer.
- New, improved Rudy. Tomasky, Michael // New York;3/25/96, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p32
Comments on New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani's attempt to reinvent his political personality. The newer-and-softer Giuliani; A fine showing by the mayor during the 1996 New York presidential primary; The view that he cannot lose re-election unless he alienates important allies.
- Night at the opera: No comedy. Keil, Beth Landman; Mitchell, Deborah // New York;04/14/97, Vol. 30 Issue 14, p19
Looks at a parallel drawn between New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani and President Bill Clinton by 'New York Times' scribe David Firestone. Comments from Firestone and Mike Oreskes, 'New York Times' metro editor.
- The tolerant bully. Bull, Chris // Advocate;6/28/94, Issue 658, p24
Profiles New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani. Career history; Achievements; Views on gays and lesbians.
- Rudy's revolution: defying the rules, reviving the city. Malanga, Steve // Crain's New York Business;05/15/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 20, p42
Discusses the contributions of New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani to the city's economic revival in the 1990s. Reduction in taxes to promote growth in the business sector; Policies on economic development and planning; Criticisms received by the Giuliani administration over the handling of...
- The lies must stop. Grossberger, Lewis // Time International (South Pacific Edition);6/29/1998, Issue 26, p80
Addresses humorous rumors about New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani. Groups which Giuliani is reported to hate; His proposed $15 million emergency control center in the World Trade Center.