Florida Governor Signs Off on Road Projects, New Transportation Debt
- Bill Boosts Garvee Bonds. Willaimson, Richard // Bond Buyer;7/5/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33742, p5
The article informs that the passage of the U.S. Moving Ahead For Progress in the 21st Century Act will enable states in the U.S. to accelerate highway construction projects by the use of GARVEE bonds.
- Raising the Limit. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;3/18/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31844, p29
Reports on the passage of the legislative bill increasing the debt limit of West Virginia Parkways Authority allowing the agency to sell more bonds to accelerate road improvement projects.
- Virginia Panel OKs $1.62B in Road Debt. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;9/27/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32475, p1
The article reports on the passage of a package of bills by the House of Delegates committee that could lead to the issuance of at least $1.62 billion in tax-exempt transportation revenue bonds over five years in Virginia. The bill was aimed to address the growing transportation needs through...
- S.C. Lawmakers Prepare Development, Highway Measures. Desue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;1/3/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32041, p3
The article reports that South Carolina lawmakers have pre-filed several legislative bills to be considered this year that are bond-related measures addressing growth and economic development needs in the state. The legislative session is scheduled to begin on January 11. One bill would allow...
- Alabama to Boost Garvee Program with Backup Pledge. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/3/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34068, p1
The article informs that Robert Bentley, Governor of Alabama has planned to sign a bill authorizing the use of state gasoline taxes as a backup pledge for bolstering the future issuances of Grant Anticipation Revenue Vehicle bonds (GARVEE). Topics discussed include addition of security for...
- Facing Congestion, Congress Mulls Lifting Restrictions on Federal Tolls. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;5/7/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31630, p5
The U.S. Congress is exploring the possibility of lifting the restrictions on imposing tolls on interstate highways and using congestion-pricing plans as a means of funding expansion of the nation's highway system. In April 2003, Republican Mark R. Kennedy introduced a bill that would remove the...
- Massachusetts House Passes $250 Million Road Bond Bill. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;7/18/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31430, p3
Reports on the passage of a bill for road improvements in Massachusetts. Schedule of a Senate vote on the bill; Provisions of the bill; Budget allocated in state bond funds.
- House Panel Looks at Speeding Up Environmental Process. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;10/3/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31484, p4
Reports the legislative bill to expedite the environmental-permit process for highway and transit projects U.S. Improvement of the feasibility of the project; Maintenance of the highway construction; Factors affecting the credit profile.
- Wisconsin Plan Hikes Road Debt. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/20/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31597, p1
Reports on proposals for increasing revenue borrowings for funding the construction of roads made in the Wisconsin budget for the fiscal years 2003-2005. Amount of revenue borrowings proposed for funding road construction; Additional details regarding these proposals; Details of bonds that...