Puerto Rico Electricity Deal Could Go Up to $1.2 Billion
- PUERTO RICO: Electric Power Juices Sale. Chin, Tonya // Bond Buyer;4/16/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33697, p9
The article reports on the sales growth for Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority's Series A power revenue bonds and Series B power revenue refunding bonds from the expected 475 million dollars to 650 million dollars in April 2012.
- PREPA Makes $416 Million Bond Payment. Slavin, Robert // Bondbuyer.com;7/1/2015, p13
The article reports on the announcement made by the Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority regarding its bond payment due in July 2015.
- Puerto Rico Electric Power Agency Readies $200 Million Refunding. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;9/23/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33388, p27
The article reports on the Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority's selling on the tax-exempt refunding debt to generate interest-rate savings.
- Market Close: Puerto Rico Trading Volume Explodes. Smith, Kate // Bondbuyer.com;8/5/2014, p33
The article reports on the increase in the debt trading volume in Puerto Rico in 2014. Topics covered include the improvements in the secondary market in August 2014 as well as the total bonds traded by the Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority (PREPA) as well as the decline in the price of the...
- Prepa's $600 million bond issue carries premium price tag. MARINO, JOHN // Caribbean Business;8/8/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 30, p7
The article reports that Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority's (Prepa) has planned a 600 million dollars bond issue. Puerto Rico bonds are paying a premium because of the government's debt load. About 37% of the bond issue will be invested in generating plants, 21% in the transmission system,...
- On Heels of Bond Rally, Puerto Rico Utility's Refunding Grows to $210M. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;8/10/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31944, p40
Reports that the Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority has added $85 million of power revenue bonds to the $125 million refunding it had already planned for pricing on August 10, 2004. Investment banks involved in the deal; Bond market rally on August 7, 2004; Credit ratings given by Standard &...
- Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority Kicking Off $2.2B Revenue Bond Sale. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;4/17/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32609, p32
The article reports that the Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority (PREPA) will kick off its $2.2 billion revenue bond sale, with roughly $1.51 billion generating refunding savings and the remaining new-money portion potentially helping the island reduce its fuel dependency. According to the...
- PREPA Bonds Raised by S&P. // Bond Buyer;08/16/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30955, p2
Reports on the decision of Standard & Poor's to upgrade its rating on Puerto Rico's Electric Power Authority's bonds.
- Puerto Rico Ponders Prepaid Gas Bonds. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;2/14/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32816, p1
The article reports on the plan of the Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority to issue prepaid gas bonds. This move will help capture lower fuel and gas costs. Goldman, Sachs & Co. is selected to lead the potential bond deal. Officials are still working on the size of the deal and length of a...